Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Snorkel Question

Old 01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Snorkel Question

This section seemed most appropriate for this question but feel free to move it if it's not.

First post, so hi! I'm JKinMA and as the name suggests, I drive a JK and live in Mass. I drive a Cherry Red 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with 6spd and 3.73 rear gearing and had a snorkel question.

I'm able to find plenty of snorkels for the 3.8(?) engine in the 07-11's, but am unable to find one that actually lists compatibility with the 3.6 Pentastars in the '12s. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti
IDK if any are available yet. The vehicle is too new. If anyone is going to be first it is going to be AEV.
Yeah that makes sense.... Brand new engine and all...

Where is the air box in the 3.8 in relation to the 3.6 I wonder? I'm thinking it may be possible to modify an existing snorkel for the 3.8 to fit the 3.6 if it's close to the same airbox style/location....

Quick Reply: Snorkel Question