Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what's the verdict: 35's w/ 2.5"bb??

Old 02-15-2007, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what's the verdict: 35's w/ 2.5"bb??

I've seen a lot of threads talking about this setup. Half the folks think it will work while the other half say it will not. Many say they are going to run this set up and will post pics but I haven't seen any pics if this setup yet. Please post pics if you any.......

Is the 2.5" lift a true 2.5" lift? or is it less or more when all said and done?

All questions pertain to a JK Unlimited.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

I was kind of waiting on wayoflife, to see how he got along with it. Have not heard anything from him lately, on when he was gonna put this lift on. If and when he does, I am sure he will have a ton of pics. I still think it will work, but im sure a little trimming will be done, not a big deal to me though on the trimming.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree, I don't mind a little trimming nor do I mind ripping that air dam completely off.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am doing Skyjacker 2.5 with 3/4 spacers up front tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. 35's go on Saturday.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:17 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a true 2.5 inch lift but if you are adding bumpers then expect it to drop 1/2-3/4 inch. If you don't believe me then take a 120 lbs kid and have them stand on your front bumper and measure. Mine went down 1/2 inch doing just that. Most winches weigh in at about 85 lbs and Im guessing most bumpers are around 80-100 lbs also. Im not sure what the stock bumper weighs tho... Anyone know?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chartguy
I was kind of waiting on wayoflife, to see how he got along with it. Have not heard anything from him lately, on when he was gonna put this lift on. If and when he does, I am sure he will have a ton of pics. I still think it will work, but im sure a little trimming will be done, not a big deal to me though on the trimming.
Hey chartguy, I have my TeraFlex 2.5" BB in hand and I'm just waiting on my 35" tires to come in before doing the lift. I'm hoping maybe next week

Originally Posted by TEV
It is a true 2.5 inch lift but if you are adding bumpers then expect it to drop 1/2-3/4 inch. If you don't believe me then take a 120 lbs kid and have them stand on your front bumper and measure. Mine went down 1/2 inch doing just that. Most winches weigh in at about 85 lbs and Im guessing most bumpers are around 80-100 lbs also. Im not sure what the stock bumper weighs tho... Anyone know?
Hey TEV, I just got done installing a WARN front bumper with skid plate, winch plate, front brush guard and PowerPlant winch and can tell you that my front end has effectively dropped 3/4". Need I say, this is definitely a concern and something I may have to address in order for me to run 35's on my 2.5" BB.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Man, I can't believe aftermarket bumpers have that kind of affect on the heighth. Luckily, I do not plan on doing any mods other than the lift, wheels and tires......maybe a rack system but nothing that weighs a lot.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:51 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Colonel Angus
Man, I can't believe aftermarket bumpers have that kind of affect on the heighth. Luckily, I do not plan on doing any mods other than the lift, wheels and tires......maybe a rack system but nothing that weighs a lot.
Well, to be honest, I think the gigantic and super heavy Warn Power Plant had more to do with my significant height loss up front more than anything. But, it is pretty bad ass so I just assume deal with it
Old 02-15-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

what is the most common wheel size you guys are seeing for 35's?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cb2224
what is the most common wheel size you guys are seeing for 35's?
I'd like to run 16x8 w/ 5"bs. But I've mostly seen 17x7.5-17x9. TEV's rubicon does look good with the 34's though. Are those 34x12 or 34x12.5?

I'm hoping the 16x8 w/5"bs will give a similar look to the stock rubi rims w/ 35x12.5's. I like the tires to remain under the flare for the most part. Any thoughts?????

Quick Reply: So what's the verdict: 35's w/ 2.5"bb??