Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soft Top: Quadratec / Bestop NX Glide / OEM

Old 06-13-2018, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some more top stuff.

First, I tried to get by with just the Sunrider Hard Top. For me, this was not an option.

Second, I tried the Quadratop Adventure S. I liked the versatility of having the Sunrider along with the safari top/fastback look. As stated previously, that was utter crap. The window surrounds were out of square, the top had gaps around the windows, and ultimately I couldn't get the rear window to zip. I was in a 75-degree garage with the internal temp of the Jeep at 86-degrees (space heaters). I returned it and reinstalled the hardtop until I could afford the step-up soft top from Bestop.

Third, I ordered the Bestop NX Plus Twill. Window surrounds were much better quality and, while it still fought me, I WAS able to zip it up (75-degree day, no sun). Right away, I was not pleased with the fit and finish. The hook-and-loop strips at the back of the top skin did not line up with the side windows. As a result, the second you rolled down the windows, the glide channels would pop out (meaning the rear windows did not seal). Unacceptable. I called Bestop directly and they were great. They sent a new top skin (back-ordered, so that was a coulpe of weeks), no charge. It was a worse fit than the orginal. I called them back, they said I'd have to go through Quadratec to return. I did, they were, as usual, terrific to deal with. I ordered a replacement (the Bestop NX) that has zippers, but it was back ordered. After a week-and-half, I called to see if they had a sense of when the top would be back in stock. They said, best case, the week of the 25th. I canceled the order.

Fourth, I ordered the Rampage Trailview top. I had a Rampage roof on my TJ and I loved it. It arrived today. I unpacked the box and damn if it's not the same roof as the Quadratop. I was not optimistic. I assembled the surrounds and immediately could see they were a better fit. The roof is currently at my sister's beach house, closed up on a windowed porch, hoping to bake the hell out of it all morning. Tomorrow I will install it. Bestop (falsely named) is uninstalled, packed, and waiting for a return label from Quadratop. Never again. So, desite my poor experience with the Quadratop, it is most definitely made by Rampage (and I mean it is EXACTLY the same hardware), which bodes well for it. Fingers crossed that this one will be the charm. I will post an update to thre thread after it is installed. Man... I just want some sun.

Quick Reply: Soft Top: Quadratec / Bestop NX Glide / OEM