Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Solenoid mounting??

Old 05-08-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Solenoid mounting??

So for the solenoid on the Warn 9500 - does the bracket mount on the allen screws on the drum? Also, does the motor ground screw into the that allen screw on the motor? The instructions were less than clear to put it mildly.

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

The solenoid mount for mine used the allens that hold the chrome guide bars. And the ground wire should go to something metal (frame, winch mount plate, bumper), something other then the winch. You might have to drill and tap a hole. HTH
Old 06-26-2007, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Any pics of yours mounted? I put mine on several different times in different locations, finally pulled it off and decided to do it tomorrow after a little frustration. Seemed like the best position was on the front left guide bar, but after wiring it up, I just didn't like it. I might have to leave it there, but wanted to try and research what other people are doing.

Quick Reply: Solenoid mounting??