Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sound deadener removal

Old 07-07-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sound deadener removal

so..... removed my carpet a while back because i got tired of it getting wet , i plan on bedlining the interior , like many of you i decided that the tub would look better with the sound deadening goop removed , after reading some tips i found doing a search which included freezing the shit with dry ice i decided to just try it with just a putty knife ...... no way ! too much work ! i found that by using just my wifes blow dryer set on high heating it up real good and scraping , that it came up easy . after i got the majority i soaked an old towel in water and layed it over the remainder , let it sit awhile and the residue came up no problem . i then used a scotchbrite pad and cleaned up the whole footwell area , followed this with a couple coats of self etching primer and it was done , when i get time im gonna get it out of the rear and when i can let it sit awhile im gonna line it . hope this helps others out lookin to do the same , i still cant figure out why i cant post pics i woulda posted some if able
Old 07-07-2012, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plan on bed lining my tub next month, thanks for the info!

Guess I need to get a chick to leave a blow dryer at the house for a weekend.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Donkee

Hahaha don't do it give them an inch they'll take the whole house. Yeah I got the majority of mine up with a 1" metal chisel and hammer easy as pie. Didn't have to risk opening the bat cave to the current girlfriend
Old 07-07-2012, 09:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Donkee

what would really be cool is to get the chick , her blow dryerand get HER to remove the sound deadener
Old 07-07-2012, 09:36 PM
JK Super Freak

like the looks of the raptor liner , however thinking bout rolling on some herculiner as i think it would be thicker with two coats
Old 07-07-2012, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would work really well is the oven cleaner/degreaser from Walmart... It cleans up almost anything with ease.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HannibleMP
What would work really well is the oven cleaner/degreaser from Walmart... It cleans up almost anything with ease.
dat sheit stanks ! its really pretty easy heating it up first you get whole strips at a time

Quick Reply: sound deadener removal