Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spacers?

Old 01-01-2010, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC spacers

Ive been running the RC spacers for 2 years now with no problems. Take the star washers off your rotors use red thread lock on your studs , torque them and you will be fine
Old 01-01-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got the pro comp 7189 wheels love them and best of all I don't need My spacers with them
Old 01-01-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default I went with the Rough Country 1.5 spacers

I was super impressed with the quality of the Rough Country spacers. They are machined from aluminum billet just like all the other brands at less than half the cost.

The major difference is they are not hub-centric....but guess what, neither are most of the aftermarket wheels available for the JK. It really doesn't make a big difference because the wheel lugs are tapered and will center the spacers just fine as long as you gradually torque them in stages like should always be done anyway. USE THREAD LOCKING FLUID!

Like someone else noted... MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE THE LITTLE "STAR" RETAINERS that were installed by the factory to hold the brake rotors on the hubs while on the assembly line. The factory wheels have counter-bored recesses for these while the spacers do not... Very important to remove them or your spacers will not sit flat.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by _J__C_
I think I'm getting these Pro Comp 7089's
I was just looking at these in a store last week. It's a good looking wheel.

Quick Reply: Spacers?