Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedometer?

Old 11-25-2006, 10:55 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer?

I am planning on replacing my stock 225/75 R16 tires, on my '07 JK, for some 31" or 32" tires. I am not sure how to adjust the speedometer to reflect the correct speed. The speedometer is electric so I'm not sure that changing the speedometer cable gear would work. I have also read about having a Jeep dealer reprogram the computer as well as the Superlift truspeed speed signal calibrator and a simular one made by JET performance.
Does anyone have any expierence with this in a JK?
Old 11-25-2006, 12:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Robar
I am planning on replacing my stock 225/75 R16 tires, on my '07 JK, for some 31" or 32" tires. I am not sure how to adjust the speedometer to reflect the correct speed. The speedometer is electric so I'm not sure that changing the speedometer cable gear would work. I have also read about having a Jeep dealer reprogram the computer as well as the Superlift truspeed speed signal calibrator and a simular one made by JET performance.
Does anyone have any expierence with this in a JK?

just take it to the dealer, they'll hook it up and adjust it...

Atleast thats how its done on the newer TJ's with the electronic speedo...
Old 11-25-2006, 12:24 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
just take it to the dealer, they'll hook it up and adjust it...

Atleast thats how its done on the newer TJ's with the electronic speedo...
Yup, what he said. There's no more speedo gear and so you will have to take yer Jeep into the dealer to have it set
Old 11-25-2006, 12:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Thank you both for the info. My wife has OK'd a trip to the tire shop today. Wahoo!

Quick Reply: Speedometer?