Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Speedometer recalibration

Old 08-20-2020, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything out there recalibrate the ESC?

Hi Guys,

2007 owner here who has used a Diablo Trinity to adjust tire size and gears etc. My nephew has a 2016 and just lifted with 35s and I was wondering if there was anything new in the game to take care of the ESC re calibration? The dreaded ESC light kicking in around hard hairpins with dry roads would be nice to correct without totally disabling the ESC system. I did some googling and the stuff on the market today don't seem to do much more than my Trinity and do not seem to take care of any recalibrating of the ESC. Am I right?

Thanks! J
Old 08-20-2020, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cross
Only thing I can think of is to make sure you are using the actual measured tire height. I haven't had any problems but I know you can send a message to them on Facebook and they should be able to help.
I figured it out. Although my tires are 35in they measure 34.4 inches. I programmed that measurement in with my gear ratio and bam, it's right on.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by JRunner01
Hi Guys,

2007 owner here who has used a Diablo Trinity to adjust tire size and gears etc. My nephew has a 2016 and just lifted with 35s and I was wondering if there was anything new in the game to take care of the ESC re calibration? The dreaded ESC light kicking in around hard hairpins with dry roads would be nice to correct without totally disabling the ESC system. I did some googling and the stuff on the market today don't seem to do much more than my Trinity and do not seem to take care of any recalibrating of the ESC. Am I right?

Thanks! J
It sounds like your issues are going to be geometry related. Do you have a perfectly centered steering wheel and a rear track bar relocation bracket (axle side) for that lift?
The following users liked this post:
murdoc319 (08-21-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 469 Likes on 421 Posts

[QUOTE=bbolander;4342826] So I changed the gear spec and it ran, but wouldn't shift up the gears. I talked to Superchips and they said do NOT change the gear spec, even though the number reads wrong, unless you have actually changed the gears. /QUOTE]
This is a good lesson for others -That happened on my Chev conversion. Saw in HPTuners that the gear ratio was 3.42 when I have 4.10. Changed it and it would change gears at some ungodly RPM. Touch the gas on the freeway at 70mph and down she would go to like 4 gear of the 8 and scream. Changed it back to 3.42 and all good again.
Sometimes we get tuners and become a danger to ourselves. Sorry for the hijack but this worth noting for others who may follow.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DEJK2012
the app works great, i have used the hell out of it for codes and just general stuff. I have jump started s few people here lately and i can change the idle speed instead of having to sit in the cab and push on the gas i just click a few buttons and the jeep idles up and holds it, also works great for when im winching and sucking up a lot of power helps the battery out a bit lol. I will also be using the abs tooth count changer part soon for my axles.
I know your post was a while ago, but which OBDII of were you using...?
Old 02-16-2023, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was reading Jscan website and notice you're able to test the transmission actuators. Does anyone know if I will be able to test the shift solenoid on a 2010 Jeep wrangle to diagnose a P0750 code.

Quick Reply: Speedometer recalibration