Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spicer Ultimate D44

Old 07-24-2017, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
you wont be tall enough to run flipped drag link. Or at least my aev 2.5" was not. with the bump stops you will have to run you wont have any up travel.
Good catch, did not even think about his 2.5" statement.
I was running 3.5" lift where high steer flips start to be beneficial.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone know how much higher the U44's track bar mount is than stock?

Also, does anyone know if how much additional caster the U44 has over stock?

And are they shipped with flanges for OEM driveshafts?

I can't seem to get Dana/Spicer to answer. Hoping someone on here knows.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I read in another post the upper hole on the bracket is 2" higher. It has the stock JK flange. Not sure on this, but I think the offset is 10 degrees, vs stock which is 6 degrees.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoK66
I read in another post the upper hole on the bracket is 2" higher. It has the stock JK flange. Not sure on this, but I think the offset is 10 degrees, vs stock which is 6 degrees.
Thank you! I got the same answer from the horses mouth:

Dana probably thinks it's a great feature. But the 2in higher track bar bracket, and the stem mounted steering dampener is actually going to be a pain. Most aftermarket raised track bar brackets raise the mounting point 3 inches. So now I'll have to cut it off and weld on a new bracket.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
Ok so I bought and built a Mopar D44HD. This has J8 tubes and I can tell you for a fact there is more then 1/16" tube difference. I purchase some Ten Factory tube end seals hoping I could shave them down to fit. No dice. Tubes too thick.
As for the C's I have yet to see a factory C bent or even photos of such. I have seen factory tubes bend right at the C which C gussets stop from happening. I have had a front end collision where the wheel took a direct hit and that didn't bend the C. So before I call judgement on factory C's I want to see proof.

My build. Mopar Performance D44HD, OX Locker with electric actuator, 5.38 Yukon gears, factory Rubi axles for now. $2675. USD. I did the work.
I know it’s an old post , but I came across an Ultimate Dana 44 housing and I’m looking to build it . My question is can I use Rubi internals (shafts, carrier with e locker) etc ? I know it’s kind of a dumb question but i can’t find a spline count on these axles or hardly and info as far as building one . I’m just looking to upgrade my 30 to a 44 and do moderate/some hard trails and daily it . I got it for a decent price and want to do it on a budget as well , so any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-21-2019, 05:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Take a close look at the housings center section. If it has provisions for the Rubicon electric locker connections then yes, you can use Rubi internals. If not then you'll have to source something like an ARB, etc. and associated bits.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCaLJeepFiendz

I know it’s an old post , but I came across an Ultimate Dana 44 housing and I’m looking to build it . My question is can I use Rubi internals (shafts, carrier with e locker) etc ? I know it’s kind of a dumb question but i can’t find a spline count on these axles or hardly and info as far as building one . I’m just looking to upgrade my 30 to a 44 and do moderate/some hard trails and daily it . I got it for a decent price and want to do it on a budget as well , so any info would be greatly appreciated
i believe you can. but, unless you already had the Rubi internals, i'm not sure why you would. get some 35 spline axles and run an arb, ox locker, or whatever.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by GIROGecko
i believe you can. but, unless you already had the Rubi internals, i'm not sure why you would. get some 35 spline axles and run an arb, ox locker, or whatever.
This!!

ARB or OX >>>> Eaton or Rubi locker. 35 spline > 32 spline.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
This!!

ARB or OX >>>> Eaton or Rubi locker. 35 spline > 32 spline.
Talking about front, so it's even worse, 35 spline vs. 30 spline rubi shafts/e-locker

Quick Reply: Spicer Ultimate D44