Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spiderwebshade + hardtop Question.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spiderwebshade + hardtop Question.

I installed my spiderwebshade today and like it a lot. Due to the impending rain I had to put the hardtop back on. I left the freedom panels off for now. I want to leave the shade in place and was wondering if anybody had some best practices or lessons learned that they would like to share. I did a search but did not come back with anything usefull. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

I just installed my Spider Web Shade. Love it! By the looks of it, I would just undo the three front bunjie cords that loop around the front windshield's channel. Keep everything else on and I think you will be fine running the full hardtop at the same time.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the same setup. I just undo one of the side spider balls(driver usually) and reach in between to lock the center latches. I've had my spider web on a couple weeks with the hardtop on and off a couple times, no problems at all. Been through some heavy rain with no random leaks.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default spidershade and hardtop

I have been running my spider shade with hard top for awhile now.

The only thing needed is like they said, pull your visors out of the way, disconnect the three front bungies from the spider shade before you put the front panels of the hard top on.

Finish putting the hard top on, then the front freedom panels. Get them secured and then I pull the three bungies on to the latches of the freedom top front panels to keep them from just hanging there.

You will have work around the top with your hands to get all the hard top handles secure but once you do it a few times it gets easier.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Yep. I made my own shade it is just like the spider shade. I left mine on for most of last summer

Quick Reply: Spiderwebshade + hardtop Question.