Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Splash Guards - Thoughts, Pics?

Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
See the link for the front mud flaps on my Rubi. It's an unlimited, and looks fine with just the front flaps. There isn't really much of a need for flaps in the back. There's not much aft of the rear tires to protect...

http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.php?photo=762

Tom
Bryson City, NC
hey thx for the pics...i wish you had a side shot of it with the front flaps on there...mines a rubi unlimited to...when I put bigger wheels etc on ill be looking at your pics again...is the info for what you did posted somewhere?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by PeterBateman
thanks guys. i just ordered both front and back, though ill install only the fronts first and see how they look without the rear ones on...im still waiting for my mopar $50 you get when you purchase new....i like how that takes forever apparently...
Post pics after you have them installed...if you don't mind.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:49 PM
brz
JK Enthusiast

i put these on mine, but they did nothing to keep the salt and slush off the sides or the jeep. ended up taking them off after 1st snowstorm.

figured i'd try them out before ordering a set, they were only $5.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brz
i put these on mine, but they did nothing to keep the salt and slush off the sides or the jeep. ended up taking them off after 1st snowstorm.

figured i'd try them out before ordering a set, they were only $5.
so you've ordered the mopar's? or do you have them now? how are they?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:56 PM
brz
JK Enthusiast

i'm sorry. no i never ordered the mopar ones because i don't think they covered much more than these did and these did not do what i had hoped they would which was keep the slush and salt off the sides of the jeep.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

So for those that HAVE the Mopar Splash Guards:

Do they keep the shxt off the sides of our jeeps?????
Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im not a fan of things hanging closer to the ground BUT in previous Jeep fashion, I'm thinking about adding some sort of extension ala' the multi piece front flares on a TJ. Maybe even a flat piece along the front lower body line. I can almost forsee that Jeep will be doing something about that in the future.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PeterBateman
sick of the mud/salt/shxt spraying up on the sides after i drive one block...i have the rubi unlimited, and so I dont have running boards (dont want them either), so looking at the Mopar splash guards online (with their awesome website consisting of no pics)...thanks guys.

Do i need 4, or would just the front wheels done look ok?
My Rubicon Unlimited came with them on.. I took them off and a rock from my driveway that was stuck in my tire scratched the door when it flew up!!!... I put them back on. My wife laughed at me. I'll just pull them off when I go wheeling because they aren't flexible. But the back ones can be tricky to unscrew, because the tire is so close. I just flex the rear until I have more room...
They really don't look too bad, just make it look like a Mercedes G-Wagon. Once I lift it, they're gone! Doubt they'd do much anyway with bigger tires...
Old 02-25-2007, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

The front ones do a good job of keeping mud, salt spray off the side of the Unlimited JK.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 02-25-2007, 10:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I bought a front/rear set to go on mine and installed them this past weekend with a minor change. Instead of using the 3 plastic push in rivets they give you that go inside the wheelwell, I used 3 more black pan head trim screws very similar to what they give you to screw into the fender flare. That way it will be easy to unscrew the whole flare for offroad trips. The back guards had all screw mounts to start with so I didn't have to alter the installation on them.

Quick Reply: Splash Guards - Thoughts, Pics?