Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sprintex , Ripp or Prodigiy

Old 02-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shj_jeep
First of all,

my JK is 2008 with:

auto transmission
35" tires
4.88 gears
K&N CAI, Borla Long Tube Headers and MBRP Catback
Diablo Sport Custom Tune

lately, I have been reading a lot about those options

the prodigiy price and power gain has really got my attention(5500 shipped to my country), but the problem is i have to swap my auto trans to manual (EXTRA COST)

Ripp is famous and well known and with many videos and dyno sheets 4899$ (707$ shipping !)

Sprintex, 55rwhp and 71lb-f on the wheels for almost 3300$$ (also found a very good price of shipping to my country)

I am hesistant between ripp vs sprintex mostly

and also I wanna about the sprintex if it is better to go with the hypertech tune or a custom tune with the diablo ?
Why would you need to swap your trans to manual?
We deliver more power than ANY forced induction system on the market.
Sell the headers and keep the money.
If you already have a Diablo device we can credit you the money and use yours via email.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Prodigy Performance
Why would you need to swap your trans to manual?
We deliver more power than ANY forced induction system on the market.
Sell the headers and keep the money.
If you already have a Diablo device we can credit you the money and use yours via email.
can the auto trans takes the power that your turbo generates ?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would steer far far away from anything SPRINTEX!!! I have had some very bad experiances with them, but not on Jeeps. Run DICKS GARAGE and SPRINTEX through Google and you can probably get my whole story, but because of them and another company I am stuck with a $13,000.00 repair bill on my MINI!

The SPRINTEX S/C is worth it's weight in cammel shit if you ask me!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by D!CKS GARAGE
I would steer far far away from anything SPRINTEX!!! I have had some very bad experiances with them, but not on Jeeps. Run DICKS GARAGE and SPRINTEX through Google and you can probably get my whole story, but because of them and another company I am stuck with a $13,000.00 repair bill on my MINI!

The SPRINTEX S/C is worth it's weight in cammel shit if you ask me!
Funny, there are lots of people here who say otherwise.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 AM
JK Freak

I think when a company sells a product in large quantities you are almost gauranteed o have a percentage of unsatisfied uomrs. As far as asking someone which style or type of something they prefer no matter what it is but superchargers or example, unless you've had tried many in the same application, it's oing to come to a biased opinion,for example I have a sprintex...is it the best for my jeep? I don't know how the others perform
Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by knightrohulk
What made you decide to go with Prodigy over other choices? Have you had a chance to do any wheeling with it? If so, did you notice any lag or surge in power, etc?
I did not want a system that would rob power to make power, and I wanted a system that was quiet. While the supercharger is cool, I do not care for the constant whine they usually make. I have not taken the jeep off-road, nor do I have any plans to do so anytime soon. I can tell you that the jeep feels smoother, and the engine doesn't sound like it's going to blow up as it is getting to 3k rpm. Do a search for My Build... Prodigy Performance Turbo and you can see pictures of my install.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jlb0125
I just installed the Prodigy Turbo kit, and I love it. Power is always there, and other than the blow off valve doing it's job, you would not know that there is aturbo under the hood. I had the exhaust ceramic coated, and the air intake pipe powder coated.

Sweet Bro....So happy you got it together!! 25K on My Turbo now......Totally Bad Ass!!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

At what rpm do the turbo open its boost ?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shj_jeep
At what rpm do the turbo open its boost ?
Turbo is spun by exhaust gas, so depends on engine load. Higher engine load, the more the throttle opens thereby letting more air in, creating more exhaust, and spinning turbo higher creating more boost.

But I am no expert by any measure.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Default sprintex

my 08 with sprintex is awesome, way more fun to drive now.

Quick Reply: Sprintex , Ripp or Prodigiy