Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless mesh stone guards ?

Old 07-06-2013, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stainless mesh stone guards ?

Found these awesome stainless mesh stone guards by Rugged Ridge (11102.01 STONE GUARD SET, 6-PIECE,Satin over Stainless Steel, CJ 1972-1986). Unfortunately these are for the CJ ... Would like something similar for my 2012 JK Sahara as I really like the "old school" look - any recommendations on where to find them? If not, I may attempt DIY ... any insights? (Thanks - first time poster to the forum!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Stainless Mesh Stone Guards.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	475330  

Last edited by drfaux; 07-06-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: clarification
The following users liked this post:
CayAnne (10-02-2021)
Old 07-21-2013, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default Found 'em !

Though I didn't hear from anyone on this thread, I did come across these via another path. Several years ago, I owned a 1078 MG Midget and had some old Moss Motors catalogs ... checked out the similar parts for MG & found that they appeared to be what I was looking for. So ... I ordered the headlight guards just to see if they would fit ... and, sure enough they do! Here's the best part ... on the jeep sites and catalogs they typically run $40 to $70 bucks ... Moss Motors offers them for $12 + shipping [URL="http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=40697"]
Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... Cool idea. I think I'll have to check this out too.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Default Unfortunately ...

Originally Posted by ACP TED
Hmmm... Cool idea. I think I'll have to check this out too.

Thanks.
Yeah ... unfortunately they have only the headlight covers ... nothing that will work for the signals and tail lights ... so, the search continues. Thanks for the thumbs up!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At least...

Well for me anyway, a good way to protect the new Hella headlights I have. And seeing that I have my JK 'blacked out'... It my look cool to black out these too?

I once tried the Rugged Ridge CRAP Guards (they didn't even last a month, the tube ones that is), these are a cooler looking cheap alternative. And I bet the mounting tabs will even line up (the other problem with the not so 'Rugged' Ridge guards).
Old 08-02-2013, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ACP TED
Well for me anyway, a good way to protect the new Hella headlights I have. And seeing that I have my JK 'blacked out'... It my look cool to black out these too?

I once tried the Rugged Ridge CRAP Guards (they didn't even last a month, the tube ones that is), these are a cooler looking cheap alternative. And I bet the mounting tabs will even line up (the other problem with the not so 'Rugged' Ridge guards).
Yeah ... I'd bet these would look great in a flat black on a blacked out rig. The mounting tabs are very simple and straight forward, and somewhat adjustable - and, with the way they fit, they're real easy to snap out of the tabs so you can clean the bugs off the lights. Just wish now that I could get something similar for the side markers and tail lights ... I"ll keep looking. Thanks for the reply post!
Old 01-30-2019, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

New member here mentioning all forums that hekped me with great build ideas. Ive always loves mesh stone guards. All my jeeps had em. Couldnt find nothing for the jk. Only ugly ones that we’re useless. From here ive read about universal mg vintage style stone guards 7 in diameter. They sell them hniversal for old motorcycles and pairs for old mg cars. Found a set on ebay $35. Got gloss black. Should’ve got flat black. Anyway. They come with universal brackets. All you have to do it refit them into the very small headlight trim torx screws. Bend as needed. I just clamped them over my headlight and bent the tab inwards. Theres several ways to do this. Although not perfect. I like the overall end result.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Delete please

Last edited by Jdbwood; 09-12-2019 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Remove pics
Old 01-30-2019, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default Very sharp!

Great look in black! ... btw - got mine from Moss Motors online ... https://mossmotors.com/stoneguards-pair ... $10.89 for a pair and includes the brackets ... don't know if they offer them in black thought - I got mine in chrome ... love the look.

Originally Posted by Jdbwood
Here are rhe photos. i hope this helps others its a good easy mod. i have new led lights so no problem with light on the road. I know that there is hundreds of people who would or have thought of doing this. check on ebay for 7 inch stong guard mg

Old 01-30-2019, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the tips.

Last edited by Jdbwood; 09-12-2019 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Edit

Quick Reply: Stainless mesh stone guards ?