Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless mesh stone guards ?

Old 01-30-2019, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At $10 thats a steal. I paid 3x
Old 02-17-2019, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jdbwood
At $10 thats a steal. I paid 3x
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but where did you get your grill insert? I've been looking for one like that. I did the DIY on my last JK, but this one I'm looking for a better setup. Thanks
Old 02-17-2019, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Hi its fine the grill is oem from a 2015 wrangler polar edition. On 2015-2018 the special edition wranglers come with a grill that has inserts around the grille and also is a bit more curved. Check the internet you can find one for cheap if your patient. If you find one thats a diff color you can just remove the inserts from the back and paint them.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jdbwood
Hi its fine the grill is oem from a 2015 wrangler polar edition. On 2015-2018 the special edition wranglers come with a grill that has inserts around the grille and also is a bit more curved. Check the internet you can find one for cheap if your patient. If you find one thats a diff color you can just remove the inserts from the back and paint them.
Ok thanks. I have a 15 Rubicon, but no mesh... I'll check around
Old 02-18-2019, 12:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Thanks for the update. A friend and I were driving to the Arctic a couple years back and he found stone guards to protect the headlights on the Jeep along the Dalton (Alaska) and Dempster (Canada) Highways. We both had the IPF headlights and these fit perfectly (he's since installed OEM LEDs, which this solution doesn't fit) ...

https://www.speedmotoco.com/motorcyc...p/rockford.htm

To protect through the grill he tested with one of the cheap, bulky plastic inserts that reduce airflow. He was seeing about a 20-30 degree increase in his radiator temperature, and his radiator fan was running in high most of the time. So we ended up jury-rigging some chicken wire. After the trip he found a great solution from Metal Masters. It appears that RedRock 4X4 offers that item now ...

https://www.extremeterrain.com/redro...e-j101601.html

Together, these make for a nice, classic appearance that is effective at protecting against road debris.

Of course, it didn't help in the least when a large rock thrown by a truck headed the opposite direction took out one of my driving lights. And that ignores the three windshields that we lost during the drive (about 3:00 if not forwarded automatically) ...

Old 09-02-2020, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drfaux
Though I didn't hear from anyone on this thread, I did come across these via another path. Several years ago, I owned a 1078 MG Midget and had some old Moss Motors catalogs ... checked out the similar parts for MG & found that they appeared to be what I was looking for. So ... I ordered the headlight guards just to see if they would fit ... and, sure enough they do! Here's the best part ... on the jeep sites and catalogs they typically run $40 to $70 bucks ... Moss Motors offers them for $12 + shipping

How did you install them? I got a pair that I primed with self etching primer then painted flat black with enamel. The retainer ring screws on my 08 JK fit the clip hole nicely but the clips are long and not really in the correct shape to hold the guards mounting this way.
Did you have to bend them or modify the clips?

Quick Reply: Stainless mesh stone guards ?