Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering Box Questions

Old 02-07-2014, 06:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerstien
Oh yea. What kind if drag link are you running?
I made it its 1.5dom x 1/4 wall with 3/4 rod ends on each side.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I would look at the box then
Old 02-07-2014, 06:16 AM
JK Jedi

ok thanks guys, I will look into it fully tonight and report back. I appreciate the help.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
ok thanks guys, I will look into it fully tonight and report back. I appreciate the help.
yea mine looked fine under the pitman arm but look between the arm and the box.

smashboogie4x4.com
Old 02-07-2014, 06:21 AM
JK Jedi

yea mine looked fine under the pitman arm but look between the arm and the box.

smashboogie4x4.com
yeah itd have to be some crazy torque to turn it that high up. Also your esp/bas light didnt come on then i take it aswell when you wheel was off due to that? It still doesnt seem to explain the slight wobble though, unless i was just be over cautious. I suppose it could have loosened the sector shaft slightly though maybe. Ill have to look at a tear down and see how the shaft is held in the box.

Also did you go psc steering box or can i just rebuild this one?
Old 02-07-2014, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

yeah itd have to be some crazy torque to turn it that high up. Also your esp/bas light didnt come on then i take it aswell when you wheel was off due to that? It still doesnt seem to explain the slight wobble though, unless i was just be over cautious
Well like I said you can compensate on a stock drag link cause there so much adjustment in it. But when I put the synergy one on it just wouldn't fit with the wheel straight

smashboogie4x4.com
Old 02-07-2014, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi

Well like I said you can compensate on a stock drag link cause there so much adjustment in it. But when I put the synergy one on it just wouldn't fit with the wheel straight

smashboogie4x4.com
but thats the thing mine isnt straight at the moment and the lights not on. I drove it off centered for aboout 15-20 miles with no light. normally it comes on when the steering wheels off for that ammount of time.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

yeah itd have to be some crazy torque to turn it that high up. Also your esp/bas light didnt come on then i take it aswell when you wheel was off due to that? It still doesnt seem to explain the slight wobble though, unless i was just be over cautious. I suppose it could have loosened the sector shaft slightly though maybe. Ill have to look at a tear down and see how the shaft is held in the box. Also did you go psc steering box or can i just rebuild this one?
depends in the year. I have a 2010 and you can't rebuild thise(at least that's what I was told). I got a great deal on a rebuilt box from mopar and sent it to WTO to get ported and pieced together hydro assist with psc parts

smashboogie4x4.com
Old 02-07-2014, 06:27 AM
JK Jedi

depends in the year. I have a 2010 and you can't rebuild thise(at least that's what I was told). I got a great deal on a rebuilt box from mopar and sent it to WTO to get ported and pieced together hydro assist with psc parts

smashboogie4x4.com
yeah ive heard that to. mines an 09. i have all the hydro parts and was going to use this box, i waited a little to long.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

yeah ive heard that to. mines an 09. i have all the hydro parts and was going to use this box, i waited a little to long.
I held on to my old box cause I imagine at some point parts will be available to rebuild it

smashboogie4x4.com

Quick Reply: Steering Box Questions