Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering Stabilizer

Old 01-17-2007, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Hmmm, the approximate 9/16" shift is definitely something that was needed on a TJ with a 3" lift but in all honesty, I have no idea how much or how little would be needed on a JK. Likewise, I'm not sure how you would calculate the exact measurement as most lifts yield slightly different amounts of acutal lift and a lot of the adjustment you'll need to make is a matter of trial and error. Typically, you would just measure the distance in how much one wheel sticks out beyond the fenders vs. the other and then make corrections as needed.
This is cool, sounds like my old Tank day's in the "NAM".. that was all trail & error and most of the time ity worked...Well, it better. I'll take som measurement lie you said and see if can come up with that variance.
Thx Again.......
Old 01-19-2007, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i just installed a steering stablizer on my jk and it helped the situation i was in(since my stock one was damaged) i had went to a local shop and they ordered a rancho unit. i installed it and seems to work i had a little problem fitting it though. the rancho unit seems a bit shorter and fatter than the stock unit. i had to adjust the mount a bit lower on the arm, because the top lip of the shock would contact the shock mount and seemingly not allow it to travel competely. looks like it functions good, idealy it would have a little bracket to relocate the shock mount a bit lower on the track bar mount(although i now dislike relocator brackets).
this doesn't seem normal, online i have only seen the skyjacker shock listed as for the jk. but not sure if its just that they are quicker to market their unit and these are all the same.

Quick Reply: Steering Stabilizer