Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

steering warranty

Old 10-29-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question steering warranty

Is the steering considered part of the suspension, that would void the warrenty or would the warranty still cover the steering even though I have a lift kit, tie rod ends are shot???
Old 10-29-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's going to depend on the dealer. Mine will cover everything except the Yukon gears and axle shafts I had him install. Check around with different dealers to see what they will cover. Some won't touch it if you have oversize tires.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

any suggestions on NJ dealers, near toms river???
Old 10-30-2010, 07:25 AM
JK Junkie

By law, the only thing that is not covered are the aftermarket parts you have installed. Chrysler would have to prove that whatever you installed caused the factory pieces to break, however, that doen't mean that they won't deny( or try to) you warranty work in a hearbeat. A lot of times, it depends on the dealer, or if the Chrysler rep happens to be there that day.

Quick Reply: steering warranty