Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock flarer chopping and bed lining

Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Josephrobby
So I chopped them.. Came out awesome. Just need a solution to paint them.. Still need to sand them down as they are color matched flares to a different color jeep. Not thinking of going to the bed line route, but some other tough black paint that won't chip and scratch.. Also help with an edge that goes around the flare I've been hearing of door trim or something?
Yeah they sell it on a roll at advanced auto parts. Just called door edge trim. Rustoleum spray bed liner would be a good option for paint option. It isn't extremely rough textured.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kh202

Yeah they sell it on a roll at advanced auto parts. Just called door edge trim. Rustoleum spray bed liner would be a good option for paint option. It isn't extremely rough textured.
Yeah, definitely don't want something too textured. But the spray can will work good and not fade?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Josephrobby

Yeah, definitely don't want something too textured. But the spray can will work good and not fade?
Shouldn't. I did my grill and hinges over a year ago. It's easy to touch up too. I mean it still has texture for sure tho. But not like 60 grit sand paper
Old 05-07-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Shouldn't. I did my grill and hinges over a year ago. It's easy to touch up too. I mean it still has texture for sure tho. But not like 60 grit sand paper
Sounds great.. Do you think the flex of the fender will be a problem?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Shouldn't be but who knows. Hell try plastipdip first?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Shouldn't be but who knows. Hell try plastipdip first?
Yeah I thought about it.. My front grill, tail light covers, gas cap door, and trail rated emblem are. Just didn't really want to have to do them all over again

Quick Reply: Stock flarer chopping and bed lining