Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Straight pipe on a JK

Old 12-04-2007, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Odd looking setup with no muffler at all. Why did he put it on the right side? Mine is still stock and I don't like the profile of it in the rear. It hangs down to far in my opinion as a stock muffler. I want more clearance with exit angles. I haven't damaged it yet but I think it is just a matter of time.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Video uploaded

Is there a way I can edit my original post, and include this video link in there?

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=23380318

Sorry, but I don't know how to post videos on here, so all I can provide is a link.

Hope you enjoy it.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:22 PM
JK Freak

wow, that video was pointless... sorry but its not better than nothing, you can't hear the exhaust at all, all i hear is the radio and background noise. The only time i even begin to hear the exhaust is when you're punching it in third. and it sounds kinda Ricer like. Post up a better video with the radio off so we can actually hear the exhaust.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yellowjeeper85
wow, that video was pointless... sorry but its not better than nothing, you can't hear the exhaust at all, all i hear is the radio and background noise. The only time i even begin to hear the exhaust is when you're punching it in third. and it sounds kinda Ricer like. Post up a better video with the radio off so we can actually hear the exhaust.
I just wanted to get a vid up and running, with what I had on me = cellphone. I'll be working on a better clip soon, with an actual camcorder. Atleast you got to head what 3rd sounds like.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

sounds pretty good. cant tell by the vid. but like you said at high rpms. it sounds like my friends geo metro with a cracked exhaust manifold
Old 12-05-2007, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

WOW.. there goes your valves... Not to mention low end torque.. WHen I didn my exhaust we dyno'd it with no muffler.. Terrible results.. Lost over 35 TQ at low RPM's.,.. Not to mention sounded like crap..
Old 12-05-2007, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
WOW.. there goes your valves... Not to mention low end torque.. WHen I didn my exhaust we dyno'd it with no muffler.. Terrible results.. Lost over 35 TQ at low RPM's.,.. Not to mention sounded like crap..
So your saying if I put the muffler back on, I will get better results? and what do you mean by "there goes my valves"? Have I damaged them?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jblankster
sounds pretty good. cant tell by the vid. but like you said at high rpms. it sounds like my friends geo metro with a cracked exhaust manifold
lmaoo i think i will be putting it back on, since people are sayin im losing torque due to insufficent back pressure.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarzilla
So your saying if I put the muffler back on, I will get better results? and what do you mean by "there goes my valves"? Have I damaged them?
Soon as some nice, cold air comes shooting back up there, you bet "there goes your valves."
Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

IVE HAD NO MUFFLER FOR A WHILE NOW

sounds way better the it did before

Quick Reply: Straight pipe on a JK