Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

super swamper ltb's?

Old 01-22-2007, 04:40 PM
brz
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super swamper ltb's?

anyone ever used these tires? thoughts on them? was thinking about the 34x10.5 16.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Great for mud, bad for road. They have extremely deep lugs, and clean out great which makes them excel in the mud. However, they are very soft and a bias ply tire. They will never balance out, and will be gone very fast. I love the look and function of swampers, but have eventually ended up selling every set I have ever had and those were all radials. I would really advise against them unless you are going to have a set of tires for the street.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never used them because they are a bias ply tire and wouldn't ride that good on highway. Look at the Swamper SSR if driving on road, its a radial, but good mud terrain tread. I prefer the 10.5" width versus the usual 12" plus width for most 34 and 35" tires. I did have one tire expert tell me the narrower tires are not as stable as the wider ones since they will roll side to side when turning. No personal experience with that but its a jeep, not a sports car.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

I gotta be honest, I hated my SSRs. They took so much weight and would never balance out. My TSL radials were a little better, but still not good enough to pay money for. I really loved my Baja Claws and MT/Rs.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about the quality of the SSR's but Swamper's SSR and LTB were the only 34 or 35" tires I could find in a 10.5" width. All other manufacturers were over 12" in width.

Quick Reply: super swamper ltb's?