Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Superchargers can be fitted with a dual battery in place.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Superchargers can be fitted with a dual battery in place.

Hi,
Thinking about having a supercharger fitted, however I know not all fit if you have a dual battery setup (AEV/Magnusson etc).
I have a '09 Sahara with the M.O.R.E dual battery tray.
Suggestions please.
Cheers
Old 12-05-2013, 02:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have a dual battery set up in my JKUR, but I have been thinking about the same thing because I want to have a dual battery set up and supercharger too. So, I did some looking and found RIPP Superchargers. For future reference. It's a medium sized unit that mounts to the front between the air filter & engine.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:17 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah.....looks like RIPP being the preferred choice, but I was also wondering about the Sprintex chargers as well.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

My vote is for the AEV/Maguson. The entire setup sits on top of the motor and away from dual battery setups. Plus, you get better usable power compared to the ripp charger. Ripp's centrifugal charger is fine for race cars, but for a jeep where you want low end torque, the AEV roots style charger is a way better option.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
My vote is for the AEV/Maguson. The entire setup sits on top of the motor and away from dual battery setups. Plus, you get better usable power compared to the ripp charger. Ripp's centrifugal charger is fine for race cars, but for a jeep where you want low end torque, the AEV roots style charger is a way better option.
Nope, The magnuson won't fit with dual or the factory battery setup. It does sit on top but then hangs over the passenger/battery side. It also comes with a replacement/relocation (single) battery tray. It's a great supercharger, one that I'd like to have if a dual battery solution could be had.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

Wondered the same thing myself. I have a Nemesis dual tray and looking at the Sprintex from RPMExtreme. It is looking like that is the best combo.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why don't you choose whatever supercharger will best suit your needs and do a battery relocation? I have my battery relocated in the rear if the jeep and utilize my old battery tray for other things like compressor and distribution block. I don't run a dual better set up so I may be missing the bigger picture here.. Just a thought though.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:45 PM
JK Newbie

I have an 2009 with a dual battery setup and a Ripp supercharger. No fitment issues.

Spark plug changes are a pain on the left side of the motor when facing the engine compartment but not impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2013, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RodCyn
Nope, The magnuson won't fit with dual or the factory battery setup. It does sit on top but then hangs over the passenger/battery side. It also comes with a replacement/relocation (single) battery tray. It's a great supercharger, one that I'd like to have if a dual battery solution could be had.
This is correct, it is an awesome supercharger and a very high quality and very well thought out kit, but the stock sized battery alone is a bit of a tight fit in the new relocated tray location. Does seem like I remember seeing some posts on the AEV forum about fitting dual batteries though? I'd have to poke around to see if I can find it again.

One could always consider a higher output alternator if a single battery is not keeping up with your power needs though, or use a tuner to raise your idle speed to help the stock one put out a little more juice at idle - I have a Warn Zeon winch, ARB twin, lockers, 4 rigid dually's, lifetime led reverse light, CB, coolant pump for the supercharger intercooler, and a few other things I'm forgetting off hand I"m sure as well... and have yet to ever run into an issue with the single stock battery not keeping up.

Quick Reply: Which Superchargers can be fitted with a dual battery in place.