Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchip 6spd

Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Superchip 6spd

Hey guys,
I got my 33's with the 3.21s and it is okay but not as powerfull anymore. Also the speedometer is off.
I know the superchip can fix this but I also know that superchip can fix the shifting points on the autos.
I have a 6-spd and I'm wondering what kind of benefits (other than the speedometer it will provide)???
Thanks yall,
Keith
Old 10-15-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by klutz1001
Hey guys,
I got my 33's with the 3.21s and it is okay but not as powerfull anymore. Also the speedometer is off.
I know the superchip can fix this but I also know that superchip can fix the shifting points on the autos.
I have a 6-spd and I'm wondering what kind of benefits (other than the speedometer it will provide)???
Thanks yall,
Keith
X2
Old 10-15-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

I am still a n00b but I've been doing some reading because I also have 33's with 3.21 gears and my speedo is off and who doesn't like more power?

My understanding is the superpaq's are the BEST

They have pre-loaded maps for MPG or for power and for different octanes of gas.

It seems most people think they are way better than any of the other chips out there.....of course not much will beat a custom tune but the ability to change tunes with the flashpaq....which you can add later.....to me seems the way to go

I open source tuned my Subaru. It would have been nice to be able to switch maps a little easier. I pretty much ran the same one all the time since I didn't want to hook it up to my laptop.

I'm not sure how easy it is with the superpaq

I will most likely purchase mine in the next few weeks

Hopefully someone with more info will also respond
Old 10-15-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

1) tire size speedo correction
2) Engine tune
3) TPMS tire pressure change and disable
4) crawling engine idle
low priority
5) speed limiter
6) data aquisition
Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by klutz1001
Hey guys,
Thanks yall,
Keith
The SC will help to make it more drivable, but its not a miracle worker. Regearing is going to make a much bigger difference. 33s are way too much tire for 3.21 gears.

I don't want to talk negatively about it, I love mine,but i have a 6 speed, 4.10s and 32s. I plan on moving up to 33s w/o re-gearing, but I wouldn't push it beyond that. Especially, not here at high altitude...

Last edited by Atl JK; 10-15-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 AM
JK Junkie

I agree with Atl JK as you still need to get into an rpm range where a programmer is going to provide benefit a little quicker. With 33s you are about 20% under geared and you aren't going to pick up a 20% improvement from a Flashpaq. Sure it will help, but at best it gets you only half the way to where you need to be.

With the huge jump you can make from 3.21s to 4.88s and still be in the range of where your gears aren't too steep, you will drastically change the drivability of your JK. The SC will certainly help, but it's not going to give you that kind of bump. Best of all is that 4.88s are going to give you drivability all the way to a 37" tire and even more although you get into the realm of significantly more modifications.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPop
I agree with Atl JK as you still need to get into an rpm range where a programmer is going to provide benefit a little quicker. With 33s you are about 20% under geared and you aren't going to pick up a 20% improvement from a Flashpaq. Sure it will help, but at best it gets you only half the way to where you need to be.

With the huge jump you can make from 3.21s to 4.88s and still be in the range of where your gears aren't too steep, you will drastically change the drivability of your JK. The SC will certainly help, but it's not going to give you that kind of bump. Best of all is that 4.88s are going to give you drivability all the way to a 37" tire and even more although you get into the realm of significantly more modifications.
X2. I love my Flashpaq but I love my 5:13's more!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

looks like superchip wins again. man i got to get me one of those
Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Junkie

You may benefit by reading two active threads:

Regarding trying to solve final drive ratio problems by increasing HP:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/gears-now-save-ripp-sc-105518/

And for the benefits/functionality/owner feedback of the Flashpaq checkout the Millennium thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/superchips-flashpaq-jk-initial-impressions-80188/
Old 10-19-2009, 02:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

just thought i would let yall know i ordered mine and its on its way... i will let you know how it does with my 33's and 6sp.. thanks for all the info!

Quick Reply: Superchip 6spd