Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchips Flashcal

Old 04-25-2013, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Updated firmware and was successful in updating my tire size... Finally. Everything works great. Thanks Superchips
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Slupe
Updated firmware and was successful in updating my tire size... Finally. Everything works great. Thanks Superchips
Awesome. Thanks for the updates. I was really hopeing they would fix this soon. It looks more user friendly then the procal.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Wish I'd bought the Procal

Glad some of you are having the problems with the Flashcal resolved, wish I had the same luck but no :(

Here's my experience; I bought the Flashcal in February, only to update my tire size settings etc since I'd installed larger than stock in my 2011 JK Sport Auto. Completely stock vehicle other than the new tires. Since day 1 all I get is 'Program Failure' and buzzing at the end of the update procedure. Phoned support and they took the details said they'd get back to me within 2 weeks. So ever since mid Feb I've been phoning asking for an update; every time they guy on the phone says 'Oh yes sir, we are working on it, give us another 5-10 days'. Long story short we're now nearly in May and I've never once had any email or phone call from these guys. Pathetic service eh.
Originally I was tempted by the fancy LCD display on this thing, but now wish I'd stuck with the Procal, dip-switches or not it seems to at least work. As for Superchips, well sounds like they've got too big too quick and are now more interested in collecting cash than providing good products and good customer support.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9thMan
Glad some of you are having the problems with the Flashcal resolved, wish I had the same luck but no :(

Here's my experience; I bought the Flashcal in February, only to update my tire size settings etc since I'd installed larger than stock in my 2011 JK Sport Auto. Completely stock vehicle other than the new tires. Since day 1 all I get is 'Program Failure' and buzzing at the end of the update procedure. Phoned support and they took the details said they'd get back to me within 2 weeks. So ever since mid Feb I've been phoning asking for an update; every time they guy on the phone says 'Oh yes sir, we are working on it, give us another 5-10 days'. Long story short we're now nearly in May and I've never once had any email or phone call from these guys. Pathetic service eh.
Originally I was tempted by the fancy LCD display on this thing, but now wish I'd stuck with the Procal, dip-switches or not it seems to at least work. As for Superchips, well sounds like they've got too big too quick and are now more interested in collecting cash than providing good products and good customer support.
When it's failing, is this when you're connected to the OBDII port or on the PC? I'm assuming the port. Have you tried any other OBDII reader on that port? Maybe your port is hosed.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Yep, when connected to the vehicle port, the update procedure runs through all the turn ignition on, turn ignition off etc. Right at the end it buzzes and gives the error message.
It does look like it at least partially completed the update process, because the tire-size on the Flashcal will show the updated size when connected to the p.c.. But I've no idea if it made all the necessary adjustments to the vehicle that go along with the new tire size.
But see my point is that people like you and me are willing to try and troubleshoot this thing, but why should we and why aren't Superchips asking these sort of questions. They just treat you like a pos, lying that they are looking into it and will get back to you in 5-10 days. P*** poor company as far as I'm concerned.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, when connected to the vehicle port, the update procedure runs through all the turn ignition on, turn ignition off etc. Right at the end it buzzes and gives the error message. It does look like it at least partially completed the update process, because the tire-size on the Flashcal will show the updated size when connected to the p.c.. But I've no idea if it made all the necessary adjustments to the vehicle that go along with the new tire size. But see my point is that people like you and me are willing to try and troubleshoot this thing, but why should we and why aren't Superchips asking these sort of questions. They just treat you like a pos, lying that they are looking into it and will get back to you in 5-10 days. P*** poor company as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah that sucks about the customer service. I guess I'm lucky with my Supercal.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Superchips Flashcal issues

Yep, when connected to the vehicle port, the update procedure runs through all the turn ignition on, turn ignition off etc. Right at the end it buzzes and gives the error message.
It does look like it at least partially completed the update process, because the tire-size on the Flashcal will show the updated size when connected to the p.c.. But I've no idea if it made all the necessary adjustments to the vehicle that go along with the new tire size.
But see my point is that people like you and me are willing to try and troubleshoot this thing, but why should we and why aren't Superchips asking these sort of questions. They just treat you like a pos, lying that they are looking into it and will get back to you in 5-10 days. P*** poor company as far as I'm concerned.
I have a 2011 JK Sport auto and I am having the same problem with my Flashcal. I went to adjust the tire size and receive the same issue with the buzzing and programming failure. It finally programmed the 35" tire size, but the Flashcal still reports a programming error at that point. I was also having an issue with the tire pressure, when I change my tire pressure, my clock resets to 12:00. Plus when I tried to return my vehicle to stock, it changes the tire size to 35" and the PSI to 28, which is not stock. I also downloaded the TPMS disable feature and cannot find the option to shut it off in the Flashcal.

Have you made any progress with Superchips support? Would like to know before I call.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:09 AM
JK Freak

Default 2013 manual

I have a 2013 manual JKUR purchased the FlashCal from Amazon and they sent me a used one. Purchased one ffrom Superchips worked great. So great in fact I upgraded to the FlashPaq. The first update did not work so I redid and now it has worked flawlessly.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

2011 JKUR Auto.
Bought the Flashcal specifically because I prefer the LCD to dip-switches.

Changing tire size, kept getting "Programming Failure". Went to the Options menu, then Vehicle Options. Programmer reboot and now my tire size is set!

Once I got the new gears in , went to change them. Same thing. Kept getting "Programming Failure" until I go to Vehicle Options, then miraculously it is set.

The TPMS disable is actually listed as "TPMS Offroad" in the menu. That'll turn off your light.

so, the Flashcal works, but not as well as I'd hoped. And I'm reluctant to try returning to stock when I take the Jeep in for service.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am looking at buying a Superchip device, but after reading this maybe NOT.

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashcal