Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips TrailDash2 Error

Old 01-13-2023, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Superchips TrailDash2 Error

Been using the TD2 for at least 5 years now, previous owner purchased it. Never had any issue. I plugged it into the computer and ran updates back when I got it in 2017 but haven't taken it out of the vehicle since.

Out of the blue the other day I get in and a big fat error message popped up on me:

ERROR

DEVICE SOFTWARE CORRUPT.

PLEASE CONNECT DEVICE TO SOFTWARE UPDATE SYSTEM.

So I pull it out and plug it into my mac... download the software, no dice. Can't get it to connect.

Try a virtual windows machine, no dice. Can't get it to connect.

Call customer support at Holley (they own superchips right?) and spoke with a nice guy that said, must be because it's a mac. You'll need a PC.

I BUY A PC, installed all the necessary software and ran all the updates... No dice, can't get it to connect.

It will turn on when I plug it into the USB, and about 20% of the time it shows the error message. The other 80% it shows the "demo mode."

Scoured the internet and can't see anywhere anyone else may have posted about the issue.

Any tips on how I might get this thing back in action? Just want to do a big ol reset on it but can't seem to get that done.

THANKS!

Old 01-19-2023, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like it's version 5.9252.5566 maybe? I can see it on the opening page that says "Touch Screen for Demo Mode."

Old 01-20-2023, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

Well I'm a little embarrassed but figure I better put it here for reference. Turns out I wasn't using a DATA USB 🤦🏼‍♂️ Switched it out and the computer recognized the device.

BUT even with the correct cord, I got this screen:

Spoke with customer support. They said the device will likely have to be replaced. Their fee is $99 to repair OR replace. They're sending me the invoice now, then I'll ship them the device and they'll see what they can do.
Old 01-30-2023, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I am in the kind of he same boat. All I have are Macs and 1 Linux Mint machine. Don’t have any friends here with Windows.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I had to pick up this small PC from amazon: https://amzn.to/3jjMCcJ
Old 09-16-2023, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ended up running Windows on a virtual machine in Linux. Update worked and everything is good to go.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

As a follow-up, I ended up shipping them the device, they did their thing and shipped it back to me. Seems to be working fine now. I couldn't ever get it working on the local machine I had here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quick Reply: Superchips TrailDash2 Error