Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips vs AEV

Old 06-24-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to recalibrate for larger tires. I don't expect to really gain anything in mpg or HP from AEV. I'm really tired of seeing 10 mpg on the dash and want it to be accurate. For about $100 more for a used superchip over AEV is it really worth it? I know most here will argue for superchips but I want to know what you've really gained from it. Im more interested in better MPG than HP. Also what setting your running.
I know there's a lot of threads on this but the search feature didn't turn up what I was looking for.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

AEV will only reset your speedo.

SuperChips will reset the speedo, advance engine timing, set shift points, you name it.

If you want actual performance/mileage improvement, go with the flashpaq.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Coley
AEV will only reset your speedo.

SuperChips will reset the speedo, advance engine timing, set shift points, you name it.

If you want actual performance/mileage improvement, go with the flashpaq.
Yes but how much are you really gaining?
Old 06-24-2011, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your profile says you've got a 6speed. From what I've read, you're not going to gain much. On my auto, the change in shift points is like night and day. Extra power from the 87 or 91 tunes is noticeable, as is the slight increase in mileage.

For an auto transmission, the programmer just makes it more livable. Stock it drives like a dog.

For a manual, if you're happy with the current power, and just want an accurate speedo and (more) accurate mileage gauge, then go with the cheaper AEV.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks. Think you gained mpg? Guess I need to hear experience from manuals to get a better idea.

Quick Reply: Superchips vs AEV