Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supertop NX Twill Help

Old 06-09-2017, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supertop NX Twill Help

I was wondering if someone could please help me? I just purchased a Bestop Supertop NX Twill for a 4dr JK and I cannot get it to latch to the hooks on the front window. It sat outside all day in 80 degree weather and is still about 1/2 - 1 inch short to connecting. ANy ideas or suggestions would really be appreciated be the rain comes.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Perhaps release some tension on the tailgate bar or zippers , for now. Usually the fabric needs time to stretch. Go back and forth with different attachment points allowing it to stretch here and there . Other wise watch YouTube installs for "tricks" to this temporary issue. They are meant to fit incredibly tight at first. Patience and perseverance. While the Sun is an idea , others have run the heat while in the Sun. Also try taking the back-side panels off for now and stretch the top and back only. And vise versa , sides and no back. In the end you will have a conforming fit to your keep and hopefully no water leaks. Good luck

Last edited by jkk9; 06-14-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had to completely undo the back of the top, hook the front loosely then pull down on the back to get the sail panels attached.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happens when you want to put top down when its hot, and then back up when cool evening comes ? This tight, hard to fasten would be a real pain for Spring, Fall variable temps
Old 06-14-2017, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

After the first two days of it stretching i never had an issue getting it back up on cool nights or mornings.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed the same top a few weeks ago, it took me and a buddy to latch it the first time but since then it's not been a problem to latch by myself.

Quick Reply: Supertop NX Twill Help