Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension and bumpers

Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension and bumpers

Hi guys. Bit of a newbie question sorry.

I'm soon getting a full width bumper for my 11' 2 door, and was wondering if it would set the suspension and steering out much by installing it. I have a old man emu lift and I'm pretty sure there was a stiffer spring or something for the front if equipped with a bumper, which at the time I did not have.

What are you experiences with this situation after getting a bumper? Thanks!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:54 AM
JK Junkie

I had 17's on the front of my JKU when I installed a winch on the factory bumper and it sagged about 1/2". I then changed out the 17's for 18's and it picked it back up 1/2". Now I'n installing a LoD full width front bumper & already bought the 19's to install to keep it same height.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

Really hmmm. I'm also getting the LoD full width bumper, I'll get a winch eventually too. Sounds like it will definitely sag a bit then. Hope it doesn't affect it too much.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

I'll let you know when I install mine. I'm told it weights 90 lbs. LoD is building it right now & should be ready in a week and 1/2. These bumpers are custom built when ordered. You can have them modified with or without light tabs, etc.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you have oldman emu springs the sag will be little or none. Just measure before and after and get a 3/4 spacer if it sags that bad
Old 10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Well my bumper arrived yesterday, a lot quicker thank I expected. I plan to install it this weekend, I can't wait it looks so good.

I'll let you know how it goes and take some pics. I guess I'll see how the suspension holds up with it.

Do you have to install the winch at the same time as the bumper or can it be installed later?

Quick Reply: Suspension and bumpers