Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension help

Old 05-22-2012, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension help

So I have decided to lift my jeep 2.5 inches to accommodate 33" tires. I plan on running stock rims but have all kinds of confusion looking at different kits. Can someone explain the 3 different kits pros and cons? I plan on some point adding bumpers front and back and realize the added weight may make a difference. Also, most say that i need to run wheel spacers, is a 1" spacer enough/too much? Please help me decide a kit, thank you!

Teraflex 1355210 - TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost & Shock Adapters for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost with Shocks for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Teraflex 1251002 - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shocks for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec
Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first 2 use pucks stacked ontop your springs to lift the jeep. The difference between those 2 is the 1st uses shock extensions the second one replaces your shocks completely. The 3rd option replaces the actual spring and shock and is the kit I currently run and I highly recommend.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregortr
So I have decided to lift my jeep 2.5 inches to accommodate 33" tires. I plan on running stock rims but have all kinds of confusion looking at different kits. Can someone explain the 3 different kits pros and cons? I plan on some point adding bumpers front and back and realize the added weight may make a difference. Also, most say that i need to run wheel spacers, is a 1" spacer enough/too much? Please help me decide a kit, thank you!

Teraflex 1355210 - TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost & Shock Adapters for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost with Shocks for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Teraflex 1251002 - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shocks for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec
the first kit is just a basic budget boost that will give you exactly 2.5" of lift and will utilize shock extensions so that you can keep your factory shocks. this is the cheapest way you can go.

the other second kit is essentially the same as the first only it comes with replacement longer shocks.

the third comes with new taller coils and will yield more than 2.5" of lift.

regarding wheel spacers, yes, you will need them and i would recommend 1.5".
Old 05-22-2012, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

So I could assume that 3rd (most expensive) kit would be the best since everything is made for the 2.5 lift in what will be a daily driver?
Old 05-22-2012, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would personally go with the last choice (which I do currently run and highly recommend) another option is the second choice if it's only going to be street driven. I personally don't like the idea of shock extensions so I would shy away from that option. As WOL mentioned you will need wheel spacers if you plan to run factory wheels with wider tires.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Or you could run without wheel spacers and go with the BFGoodrich KM2 255 80 17 which is a 33" tire in 10.5" wide.

Quick Reply: Suspension help