Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension lift help please...newbie. so many confusing threads out there

Old 05-08-2011, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension lift help please...newbie. so many confusing threads out there

Hello all im new to this whole Jk mod thing and need some help. I have a 2dr 2011 auto and i want put 35s on. I want to get a suspension lift between 2.5 and 4. What should i get thats not extemly pricy. Im in the $500-700 range and wont be doing any off roading. maybe occasional beach ride. what kit gives the best quality? and should i get a buget boost or a whole kit??? please help
Old 05-08-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Stickied at the top of this modified area:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ery-Newbie-Has
(pay attention to the suggestions about driveshafts!!!)

Stickied at the top of the Write-ups area:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...self-Write-Ups

In the writeups area, but worthy of its own link. Copy the pic on the top and paste it somewhere.
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment
(read the section on Caster and axle centering sections so you have an idea of which components might become important when you look at lifts)
Old 05-08-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gusdaddy22
Hello all im new to this whole Jk mod thing and need some help. I have a 2dr 2011 auto and i want put 35s on. I want to get a suspension lift between 2.5 and 4. What should i get thats not extemly pricy. Im in the $500-700 range and wont be doing any off roading. maybe occasional beach ride. what kit gives the best quality? and should i get a buget boost or a whole kit??? please help
If you aren't wanting to spend $$ on driveshafts, you will want to stick with a budget boost. Take a look at the Teraflex 2.5" BB!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

x3 on the Budget Boost. If your not looking for any tough flexing and want to clear 35's its the way to go. Everything will be in the package.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

TF BB all the way.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have zone three inch gt whole kit 500 bux
Old 05-08-2011, 08:36 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

hey Gusdaddy22, welcome to JK-Forum. for your budget, i would go with the 2.5" budget boost that some of the other people have already recommended. please do yourself a favor and don't listen to the guys pimping the cheap 4" lifts like they're the best thing since sliced bread. 4" is a lot of lift and to do it right, you would need to spend a lot more money getting parts that you really should have in order to maintain a good ride ON pavement. things like "cam washer" are a cheap fix attempting to address a bigger issue and really speak volumes about what you would be getting for your money. trust me on this.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:58 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
... trust me on this.
I just want to add to what WOL said: Even with the more expensive 4" lifts, there will be additional mod's you'll end up doing eventually. These probably will include new driveshafts, and adjustable control arms (if the lift didn't come with them). Bottom line: The higher you go, the harder it is on the components, which turns into greater expense down the line.

Also, regarding a budget boost: Great solution, but if you're planning to add heavy bumpers, tire rack and other gear you'll have sagging. If that is in your plans, then you may want a 2.5" coil lift from the get-go (aftermarket springs are designed to take the additional loads of heavy mod's). Or, you can just chose cool looking, but more modest bumpers that are lighter in weight (heavier than stock--but anything out there will be heavier than stock) and stick with the BB.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I just want to add to what WOL said: Even with the more expensive 4" lifts, there will be additional mod's you'll end up doing eventually. These probably will include new driveshafts, and adjustable control arms (if the lift didn't come with them). Bottom line: The higher you go, the harder it is on the components, which turns into greater expense down the line.

Also, regarding a budget boost: Great solution, but if you're planning to add heavy bumpers, tire rack and other gear you'll have sagging. If that is in your plans, then you may want a 2.5" coil lift from the get-go (aftermarket springs are designed to take the additional loads of heavy mod's). Or, you can just chose cool looking, but more modest bumpers that are lighter in weight (heavier than stock--but anything out there will be heavier than stock) and stick with the BB.
Thanks a ton for the help. I think
I'm gonna go with a 2.5 budget boost and I want to put a 35 on the back so I will def need a new back bumper. What bb should I get? Rough country? Teraflex? What will give me the best ride? Also what should I do to prevent sag from a new bumper?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Thanks a ton for the help. I think
I'm gonna go with a 2.5 budget boost and I want to put a 35 on the back so I will def need a new back bumper. What bb should I get? Rough country? Teraflex? What will give me the best ride? Also what should I do to prevent sag from a new bumper?
Teraflex offers a more complete kit because it includes rear brake line extensions (but you can easily sub a cheap fix and may not need if you don't wheel). If you keep stock shocks ride will be essentially unchanged. As vehicle sags, you can add spacers onto the coils to compensate. But this will affect ride. If you buy new shocks, my experience with TF and RC is the TFs will last longer (I've owned both).

Quick Reply: Suspension lift help please...newbie. so many confusing threads out there