Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension lift help please...newbie. so many confusing threads out there

Old 05-09-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gusdaddy22
Hello all im new to this whole Jk mod thing and need some help. I have a 2dr 2011 auto and i want put 35s on. I want to get a suspension lift between 2.5 and 4. What should i get thats not extemly pricy. Im in the $500-700 range and wont be doing any off roading. maybe occasional beach ride. what kit gives the best quality? and should i get a buget boost or a whole kit??? please help
hey dude, do the TF 2.5 BB. Its complete, and it will do what you want on the beach for sure. If you can, considering you might look at aftermarket bumpers maybe look at the TF 2.5 Coil lift, that will give you about 3 inches and will compensate for the extra weight of aftermarket bumpers. Let me know if you ever want to check mine out with the TF lift.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a difference between the tf bb 2.5 with shox and the tf 2.5 coil lift?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a difference between the tf bb 2.5 with shox and the tf 2.5 coil lift?
The bb will just give you a spacer to go on top of your stock coil springs whereas the coil lift will give you brand new longer coil springs (so no spacers). The coils will handle extra weight better and also give you better articulation than the stock springs. The coil lift will actually give you about 3" of lift.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ncaa_maniac
The bb will just give you a spacer to go on top of your stock coil springs whereas the coil lift will give you brand new longer coil springs (so no spacers). The coils will handle extra weight better and also give you better articulation than the stock springs. The coil lift will actually give you about 3" of lift.
can you send me a link to the coil lift that will give about 3 inchs?
thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

can you send me a link to the coil lift that will give about 3 inchs?
thanks
Most coil lifts will get you about 0.5-1" more than they advertise (unless you have a lot of extra weight). Here is the 2-door version. The only difference in 2-door and 4-door is the spring stiffness I believe. The same vendor also carries the 4-door if that is what you have.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=TF-1251002
Old 05-09-2011, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
hey Gusdaddy22, welcome to JK-Forum. for your budget, i would go with the 2.5" budget boost that some of the other people have already recommended. please do yourself a favor and don't listen to the guys pimping the cheap 4" lifts like they're the best thing since sliced bread. 4" is a lot of lift and to do it right, you would need to spend a lot more money getting parts that you really should have in order to maintain a good ride ON pavement. things like "cam washer" are a cheap fix attempting to address a bigger issue and really speak volumes about what you would be getting for your money. trust me on this.
hey man today i went to a jeep and truck lift shop. i brought in a print out of the tf 2.5 bb and he told me that it was crap. he sad it would have a horrible death wobble and that it wouldnt even be worth putting in. He then said that he would put in a rancho 4 inch lift that he has that has a 500 dollar rebate right now so it would be around 1,300. Pluss 500 dollars worth of labor to put it in. When i told him that i would need other mods to use a 4 inch he said that they were all included or that i diddnt need them. He also said the 4 inch lift rides smoother than the stock ride.
So now im even more lost....I have a 2 door and i think the 4 inch is a little to high for the smaller jeep anway. I just want a lift that will ride smooth and let me put 35s on...What should i do?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey man today i went to a jeep and truck lift shop. i brought in a print out of the tf 2.5 bb and he told me that it was crap. he sad it would have a horrible death wobble and that it wouldnt even be worth putting in. He then said that he would put in a rancho 4 inch lift that he has that has a 500 dollar rebate right now so it would be around 1,300. Pluss 500 dollars worth of labor to put it in. When i told him that i would need other mods to use a 4 inch he said that they were all included or that i diddnt need them. He also said the 4 inch lift rides smoother than the stock ride.
So now im even more lost....I have a 2 door and i think the 4 inch is a little to high for the smaller jeep anway. I just want a lift that will ride smooth and let me put 35s on...What should i do?
The bb will give the same exact ride as stock but the rancho will probably give a tad smoother ride. It depends a lot on the shocks you get. You would need to get new shocks with the rancho but you can use the stock ones with the bb. If installed right, the bb will not give you death wobble. I would recommend adding a adjustable front track bar to the bb just to get the axle centered under the jeep. You would need new front and rear driveshafts with 4" of lift so add another $1000 to the price of the rancho. The rancho isn't a bad lift but I would say it is more than what you need.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ill tell you what I just installed there teraflex budget boost with shock extensions cause my my jeep is new with only 600 miles on it so I decided to keep the stock shocks for now then later switch to the Teraflex shocks. The ride is the same quality as when I took the jeep off the lot, actually I like it better. Dont forget to get wheel spacers either or different wheels for the backspacing. I opted for Spidertrax wheel spacers cause I like my stock wheels. Now just for 33inch tires and I'm set. Very happy with the Budget Boost and would recommend it to anyone!!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like someone at that shop doesn't know what they are talking about. There are 100's of these kits out there with zero issue. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions on TeraFlex products.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

2.5" BB would be perfect....if you go any more be prepared to spend some money on other modifications that will do you no good on a grocery getter.

Quick Reply: Suspension lift help please...newbie. so many confusing threads out there