Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension NEWB, have some questions

Old 02-17-2013, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumping this up to ask if there's anything else needed with the rubi springs/shocks and leveling kit or will I be alright with just those parts? Also with discos, will the jks 2.5" links be too long or the 2" set be too short?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you thinking about changing ur suspension is there reason that u want the rubi shocks ?? My advise ... Get the teraflex coil lift and shocks it rides much better.. you will notice

Yes u already have control arms if you look under your jeep the easy once to notice is the lower ones there will be 4 black metal rods two on each side which like the guys here said you don't need to change if your not planing on going above a 3' lift...

mostly you will do it once rather than doing this and changing it again
Old 02-18-2013, 03:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! I don't plan on going too high but of course that's what we all say in the beginning.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by disheveledhair
Bumping this up to ask if there's anything else needed with the rubi springs/shocks and leveling kit or will I be alright with just those parts? Also with discos, will the jks 2.5" links be too long or the 2" set be too short?
There are a lot of guys running that. I might get longer brakelines down the road.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by disheveledhair
Thanks! I don't plan on going too high but of course that's what we all say in the beginning.
Ain't that the truth. I believe Eddie had a diagram of how to measure to get the true height. Then you can decide on how long for the disconnects. Im going to run the ones that come with tf kit for now. I do not do any extreme wheeling....at least not yet.

Quick Reply: Suspension NEWB, have some questions