Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Synergy Trackbar/Sector Shaft Brace with RK Trackbar.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy Trackbar/Sector Shaft Brace with RK Trackbar.

I have an '11 JKU Rubi with a 2.5" RK Max Travel lift in it. After seeing the result of a roll over caused by a broken sector shaft, I want to reinforce mine. Does anyone know if the Synergy Trackbar and Sector Shaft Brace kit will work with the RK trackbar? If anyone has this setup, was the install fairly straight forward? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:30 PM
JK Newbie

I have the rock krawler track bar as well and I have read that it does not, but I haven't seen it. I'm looking into this sector shaft brace.

http://www.rocksolidperformance.com/...g-shaft-brace/
Old 08-14-2014, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can tell you that it definitely does not fit. I have the 3.5" X-Factor lift and the Synergy sector shaft brace. I had to replace the front track bar with the Synergy one as a result. The RK track bar will contact the bearing support on even mild bumps. The Synergy track bar is bent to accommodate this. The bonus though is that you'll get a track bar that's adjustable without having to pull the bolt at the axle!
Old 08-15-2014, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I understand the brace will also contact the RK coil springs that are larger diameter than stock on some (all?) installs.

I ended up using the RSP brace but you may want to make a call to Mike first to see if they've made any mods to it since he received mine that I modded for powder coat and grease fitting relo to fit the RK bar.

Here's my experience with it: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...3/#post3796718

Last edited by fredrok; 08-15-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Ok thanks for the info. I'll give him a shout.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fredrok
I also understand the brace will also contact the RK coil springs that are larger diameter than stock on some (all?) installs. I ended up using the RSP brace but you may want to make a call to Mike first to see if they've made any mods to it since he received mine that I modded for powder coat and grease fitting relo to fit the RK bar. Here's my experience with it: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...3/#post3796718
Yep, this is good stuff. Only one that worked for me. Really nice product and they are good people over there.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone run this w/ a JKS track bar?
Old 08-17-2014, 10:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fredrok
I understand the brace will also contact the RK coil springs that are larger diameter than stock on some (all?) installs.

I ended up using the RSP brace but you may want to make a call to Mike first to see if they've made any mods to it since he received mine that I modded for powder coat and grease fitting relo to fit the RK bar.

Here's my experience with it: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...3/#post3796718
I have RK coils and Synergy upper brace. No sector support yet but there's no contact with the coils.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed

Quick Reply: Synergy Trackbar/Sector Shaft Brace with RK Trackbar.