Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synthetic Winch Line- Leave It On or Off?

Old 07-05-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthetic Winch Line- Leave It On or Off?

I am getting some synthetic winch line. For those of you who have it or have had it, do you leave it on day to day or just carry it with you? How does it hold up over time just staying on the spool in the elements?
Old 07-05-2010, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

i leave mine on all the time too, but i found that it needs to be covered in the summer because the sun tears it up--it has faded and frayed where exposed to the hot sun.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Leave it on. Way too much of a hassle to take it on and off. If you worried about it being damaged by the elements, get a winch cover.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

x3 or x4 what others have said, "Leave it on and covered." My Superwinch cover was a bit more than $20, but I'm glad I got the manufacturer cover as it fits perfectly. Need to squirt some 303 or some other UV protectant spray on the cover to protect it so it can keep protecting my rope.

Quick Reply: Synthetic Winch Line- Leave It On or Off?