Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex 2.5 BB Install Help!

Old 07-07-2007, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex 2.5 BB Install Help!

Hey everyone. I am currently installing the extended swaybar links i just received from teraflex. Can some one please tell me what those little breather things on them are and if they face forward or backward? Thankx

Last edited by gergy9; 07-07-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:14 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gergy9
Hey everyone. I am currently installing the extended swaybar links i just received from teraflex. Can some one please tell me what those little breather things on them are and if they face forward or backward? Thankx
"Breather things"? Got any pics of them? If they are metal and small, they are probably zerk fittings and are used to grease the bushings. Needless to say, if that's what they are, you'll want them pointing out so that you can access them easily.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks eddie, THat is probably what they are. They are metal and small and the OEM ones dont have them
Old 07-07-2007, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

eddie, glad your online. Each link has one bolt and two washers. Im guessing their is one washer for each bolt, resusing the oem bolts... Question.. Which side does the washer go on? Against the link or against the link bracket? Also i am running factory 32's. I have to put these on the inside, correct??
Old 07-07-2007, 05:11 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

eddie, glad your online. Each link has one bolt and two washers. Im guessing their is one washer for each bolt, resusing the oem bolts... Question.. Which side does the washer go on? Against the link or against the link bracket? Also i am running factory 32's. I have to put these on the inside, correct??
Yes, if you are running factory wheels, you'll need to install these on the inside of the axle mounts. As for the washer, they need to be installed up against the link bushing on the other side of the axle mount. They will keep your bolt heads from digging into the bushings.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

Those are the grease fittings.

I just finished my installation last week.

- Bill
Old 07-08-2007, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

The grease fittings would need to face the front of the vehicle...not the rear like mine were installed. The grease fitting almost touch the sway bar if they're installed to the rear.

I don't think the bozos that installed my lift even greased 'em :( I'm going to take mine off and turn them around tomorrow...and grease them.

Should the rear brake lines look like this?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found that the grease fittings had to face the rear. OR else you could not grease the lower fittings. Their would be no access.

Question. Do i need to grease these now? And how often should i grease them and what should i use?

I finally got my fronts on. What a PITA!!!! I had to put a number 6 allen wrench in the end of the bolt to keep it from spinning and buy new 1/2" #13 lock nuts. I guess the oem's ALL striped when i removed them somehow!?! And even with the new nuts it still took all of my might and lots of time to get them on. Atleast i know they arent going anywhere.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

I found that the grease fittings had to face the rear. OR else you could not grease the lower fittings. Their would be no access.
Exactly, the lower grease fitting is blocked if you install them towards the front.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

:( Yep...I was wrong--no room at the bottom if they face the front. Seems like a poorly designed sway bar link--the top grease fitting is inaccessible if they face the rear, and the bottom fitting is inaccessible if they face the front. Oh well, they're pretty easy to take off and put back on at least.

I was gonna grease em, but my cheapo grease gun sprung a leak. I figure they should be greased out of the box to minimize bushing wear. I don't know for sure though--figured grease good...or at least wouldn't hurt; no grease, maybe bad.

Quick Reply: teraflex 2.5 BB Install Help!