Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5" budgetboost

Old 02-16-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5" budgetboost

Hello, I just installed the Teraflex 2.5" budgetboost lift kit and my rear & front axle shifted is this an issue and what do i need to do about it if it is, also one set of instructions says that i need to have a wheel alignment and the other doesnt mention it, do you reccomend having the alignment or no. Thanks for any advise.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

Most of your questions can be answered here.

Modified Tech FAQ

Depending on how much the axle shift is you may not want to worry about it. If it is too much for your liking then your best option is adjustable front and rear track bars.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shift isn't enough to be concerned about. I put the same lift on my Dads JK, and he didn't need an alignment. Heck, the steering wheel was still straight after the lift come to think of it. You should be fine. Ah the simplicity of the BB.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi

I have not done this lift myself but i have been following it very closely with the intent of putting one on soon.

It is an expected shift do to the geometry change from the lift.

All indications seem to be it is not a problem functionally but can be noticed if you look close. Apparently does not affect the Jeep at this lift level.

As for fixes it would be adjustable track bars front and rear or track bar brackets.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

I wouldn't waste a few hundred on adj. trackbars if you don't need to. I needed one for my front end, but it was way out of wack. The $ adds up quick. One of the reasons I wish I went with the 2.5".
Old 02-16-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

The Steering wheel is still centered and it drives just fine, it just kinda bugs me knowing it is off center but if it doesnt pose any problems i guess i can live with it until i can buy the adjustable track bar. Thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by frasure5
The Steering wheel is still centered and it drives just fine, it just kinda bugs me knowing it is off center but if it doesnt pose any problems i guess i can live with it until i can buy the adjustable track bar. Thanks
No doubt. Be happy and enjoy your Jeep!
Old 02-16-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default Esp

One thing i noticed as i drove it around this afternoon, is when i take curves the esp kicks in and i dont have the button on, is this something i need to worry about?
Old 02-16-2008, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2007

In case it matters this is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X it has the 2.5" teraflex lift kit, and 2" wheel spacers, and 33x12.5x17 Mickey Thomson tires. Thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Frasure5 - You need to post some pictures before/after the lift

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5" budgetboost