Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 coil lift - complete?

Old 02-17-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 coil lift - complete?

Sorry if this has been done to death, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I really HAVE to have that's not included in this kit, i.e. an adjustable track bar, new control arms, and extended brakelines.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

Technically speaking, there is nothing else you HAVE to have other than wheel spacers or aftermarket rims.

Now, practically speaking, I would highly recommend an adjustable front track bar and some crown brake lines.

I ran a TF 2.5" BB for a while with the brake line drop brackets. And even that little kit, at full flex, would take my front brake lines out to what looked like their maximum length. I can only imagine a 2.5" coil lift is going to be even worse.

As far as the track bar, that is simply to get your steering back to spec. You could easily skip it at first, but if your Jeep seems too flighty for your tastes you might want to consider upgrading.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have TF 2.5 coil lift and everything that you will "need" is included. If you're going to run OEM wheels, you will need spacers. I didn't instaLl the rear TB bracket that comes with the kit, and everything is fine. Yes , the steering is a little more flightly than stock, but it is tolerable. A front adjustable trackbar will not solve that problem. Front lower control arms will. I plan on getting a set when funds are available, but until then, I can deal with it. So yes, you can get by with just the coil kit.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You should get right around 3" with those 2.5" coils on your 4door. Wait on the front trackbar. Drive it and decide if you need caster correction. And you can spend $10 at the hardware store to make some extension brackets for the brake lines.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I added nothing to the kit and love it. I don't plan on adding anything unless something breaks...
Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, the kit includes everything you need but an adjustable trackbar and adjustable front lower control arms would greatly help dial in your ride. But no, they aren't necessary and you may be completely happy with the way it drives with just the kit.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Excellent and much appreciated feedback guys. Thanks to all.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:50 AM
JK Newbie

Did anyone change the gearing when running 35's? I am considering this lift as well.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Super Freak

If you are running 35's I will be the one to mention about cutting pinch seams. Unless you get upper and lower bars the space between the rear wheel and rear fender well is ridiculously close.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cjp3
Did anyone change the gearing when running 35's? I am considering this lift as well.
I have a auto/Rubi and the "35" Duratracs, they run a little small, and I don't plan on re-gearing. I can deal w/ the slowness.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 coil lift - complete?