Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex Falcon 3.3 issue

Old 10-04-2023, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Falcon 3.3 issue

Hey guys/gals, I have been running the Teraflex falcon 3.3 shocks for about a year now and on the front passenger side I have a shock that seems to have a lot of movement, a lot more than the driver side. I have attached a video. Is anyone else running these shocks that can tell me if this is normal? The other issue is the top stud or nut is stripped so I can't take it off to see if i am missing a washer?? I know this is gonna be a huge issue if i ever need to remove it to rebuild them in the future. I think these have a three year warranty? Has anyone dealt with Teraflex and warranty issues?. Let me know what you think. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: avi
jeep.avi (3.24 MB, 23 views)
Old 10-04-2023, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkeene
Hey guys/gals, I have been running the Teraflex falcon 3.3 shocks for about a year now and on the front passenger side I have a shock that seems to have a lot of movement, a lot more than the driver side. I have attached a video. Is anyone else running these shocks that can tell me if this is normal? The other issue is the top stud or nut is stripped so I can't take it off to see if i am missing a washer?? I know this is gonna be a huge issue if i ever need to remove it to rebuild them in the future. I think these have a three year warranty? Has anyone dealt with Teraflex and warranty issues?. Let me know what you think. Thanks
i couldnt open the file on my phone for some reason. im wondering if the shock has slipped out of the indexing tab. mine have always had rotational play which is normal for this shock.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

the video in this writeup will show you normal play.
https://www.blackdogoffroad.com/blog...-shocks-review
Old 10-05-2023, 04:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

The best way to get a video here is to upload it to YouTube, then simply copy and paste a link in your post here. That will embed the video and is easier than trying to upload a file while expecting people to freely click and open a file from a stranger on the web
The following users liked this post:
SFNM16JKUR (10-05-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Default new video link

Old 10-05-2023, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats normal. mine are identical.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input. I have never had a shock move before.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Falcon 3.3 issue