Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex Flexarm install questions

Old 03-30-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Flexarm install questions

I just got a set of front Teraflex Flexarm adj. LCAs in today. The instructions are a little unclear and leave me with a few questions. I have one side apart right now and both arms will go on that side with the sticker up and out depending which way you attach them. (yes, I am a bumbass)

1. Does the greaseable hiem joint attach to the frame or axle?

2. If it attaches to the axle, how will the grease zerg be protected? If I mount if up it looks like I would have a hard time getting a grease gun up in there. If I mount it down, it looks like it could get ripped off pretty easy if I landed or skidded it on something.

Thanks for any help.

Also, any pics would be a great help!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by yajnhoj
I just got a set of front Teraflex Flexarm adj. LCAs in today. The instructions are a little unclear and leave me with a few questions. I have one side apart right now and both arms will go on that side with the sticker up and out depending which way you attach them. (yes, I am a bumbass)

1. Does the greaseable hiem joint attach to the frame or axle?

2. If it attaches to the axle, how will the grease zerg be protected? If I mount if up it looks like I would have a hard time getting a grease gun up in there. If I mount it down, it looks like it could get ripped off pretty easy if I landed or skidded it on something.

Thanks for any help.

Also, any pics would be a great help!
The lowers go at the axle with the zerk up. The general consensus is to remove the zerk completely, as it is either not accessible or will snap off from hitting the bracket/axle. Get a plug for that hole. When you need to grease, put a zerk in the bottom, grease, remove the zerk and then put the plug in again.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks you for your help. I have them in now and taking a break before I torque them. I installed them at 23" in length. I will see what that gets me on the rack tommorrow. I am still just hoping that this will make a big improvment and help the handling get back to near stock. From what I can tell I have added about 1.5 degrees (At about 3.5 degrees now) of postive caster back in already. Will let the shop fine tune it.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey I am putting these on t/m morning. When you say 23", where are you measuring. This is not my line of work, I got go the the engine all day and be good but this is alien to me. Any help on how you did this for install and alignment would be awesome!!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Jedi

here is a write up
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...x+control+arms
Old 04-03-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mcflurry301
Hey I am putting these on t/m morning. When you say 23", where are you measuring. This is not my line of work, I got go the the engine all day and be good but this is alien to me. Any help on how you did this for install and alignment would be awesome!!
center of eye to center of eye.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yajnhoj
Thanks you for your help. I have them in now and taking a break before I torque them. I installed them at 23" in length. I will see what that gets me on the rack tommorrow. I am still just hoping that this will make a big improvment and help the handling get back to near stock. From what I can tell I have added about 1.5 degrees (At about 3.5 degrees now) of postive caster back in already. Will let the shop fine tune it.

Thanks!
Stock caster is 4.2 on the JK, so a 3.5 doesn't even get you back there. I'm running 35's and didn't see handling improvement until 7 degrees.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my front lowers are at 24" eye to eye.. i ran them at 23 eye to eye before recently getting all 8 flex arms. my caster with an angle finder was about 6.. had an alignment done on a machine last week and front caster was 5.5 on both sides..my jeep drives awesome with those settings..hope this helps.oh and as far as orientation of the arms.. front lowers have the TERAFLEX stickers face out, and the grease fitting is UP...
Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

As you set your castor, dont forget about your driveline angle. You will see in the FAQ, that 6-8 degrees of positive castor will be a good range. Mine is set at 6, with my LCA's at 23 driver, 23 1/8 passenger.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Flexarm install questions