Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex LCG Long arm OR ORE 4" Long Arm??????????

Old 05-19-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex LCG Long arm OR ORE 4" Long Arm??????????

I am all over the place trying to figure out which way to go with this Jeep. I want to get this done in the next week. I know I'll probably get put in the firing squad for this but this will be more of an "Overlander" I take it up to the snow about 10 times a year so thats it. I dont do any crazy off roading. I would eventually like to take one of those Moab trips though.

I will be keeping the stock 44 axels with no plans to change them out (unless I start getting into the hobby more). I will gusset and sleeve though. I want to run 38x15.5x18 Nitto Mud grapplers.

If I go with the Teraflex 6" Long Arm it has everything to get the lift I need to run these tires. If I run the ORE, I will have to run coil spacers to clear the tires. I tried to compare the two and it looks like the Tera Flex *may* be a little more comlete. They are both the same price. I want to go to ORE because I trust their work and I am very particular, they are one of THE BEST out there. I dont know if they will install someone elses kit. I know I should probably stick to 37's but I REALLY want the 38's, and there only .6" taller than the 37's. Since I dont do any hardcore offroading I thought I would be ok. I am looking for the smoothest/most complaint ride possible and to get the lift I need, which is why I was looking at both of these. Any thoughts?

Last edited by VETTETHRET; 05-19-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that's quite the build for something your not going to wheel. Long arms will give you a nice ride if your doing a lot of highway driving....... Get the complete kit, but be prepared to spend a ton of money.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NH-JK
Wow that's quite the build for something your not going to wheel. Long arms will give you a nice ride if your doing a lot of highway driving....... Get the complete kit, but be prepared to spend a ton of money.
Not saying I never will, just no immediate plans (I know, I'm a poser). I am going with a J.E. Reel front drive shaft as well.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Why not just go full out and get 40's?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Abacabb
Why not just go full out and get 40's?
Because I am keeping the stock Rubi 44's amd dont want to go bigger than 38's, I'm pushing it as is.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
Because I am keeping the stock Rubi 44's amd dont want to go bigger than 38's, I'm pushing it as is.
There's a few people around here wheeling the hell out of 42s on the rubi 44s.

I say go with the 6" Teraflex LA with some 40's.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
I see your point,,,, I'm doin the same thing,, keepin the v-6, keepin the Rubi axles 5.38's gussets, sleeves will put alloy shafts,, have 4" lift = 38" tall tires,,,, gotta draw the line some place
Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Abacabb
There's a few people around here wheeling the hell out of 42s on the rubi 44s.

I say go with the 6" Teraflex LA with some 40's.
No shit? I keep hearing stories about the axels bending? Makes me feel a lot better!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it is not a hard core wheeler, you don't need a long arm kit. I get plenty of flex out of my current Tera 4" kit and I run 37s. I may go to the long arm later, but I don't need more height. My Jeep is a daily driver that has run the Rubicon and wheels Moab 6 times a year along with local mountain trails with huge granite boulders.

I vote TeraFlex. With a Tera kit you will get an awesome ride, great customer service and proven performance. No one tests as hard as Tera.

I'm not sure why you are fixated on 38's but with a flat fender chop or aftermarket fenders (many to choose from) you could clear 38's easily with a 4".
Remember, being high up in the air in a highway cruiser is a BAD idea. Stay low and let the suspension do the work offroad.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	37s.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	162357  
Old 05-20-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the TeraFlex 6" Long Arm and absolutely love it, have zero complaints. TeraFlex has great support, trust me on this.

I run 39" tires, have 5.13 gears, and am running the stock Rubi axles that have EVO sleeves & gussets.

If I was to do over again, I would change nothing. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Teraflex LCG Long arm OR ORE 4" Long Arm??????????