Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex leveling kit or a Teraflex Budget Boost?

Old 09-21-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex leveling kit or a Teraflex Budget Boost?

Hey all,

I have 33's right now and want to lift my JK a little but just dont have the money to spend right at this time and I dont wheel a tonne....all the trails close to me will "pinstripe" my JK running through a forest! Dont like that idea......I wished I live in Arizona again!!!!

what should I do???

Body lift?

Teraflex leveling kit?

or go with a budget boost?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say do a leveling kit and save up for a real lift if you want one down the road. Alotta people end up getting a BB and just end up taking it off for a coil lift. Might aswell go the cheapest route with a leveling kit for now so you don't have alotta$$$ invested. JMHO
Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you think people are dissatisfied with their BBs and leveling kits? Seems like a cheap way to run 33s. I'd run a quality leveling kit like Teraflex...
Old 09-21-2009, 09:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Why do you think people are dissatisfied with their BBs and leveling kits? Seems like a cheap way to run 33s. I'd run a quality leveling kit like Teraflex...
I think you mighta took that wrong. I think it goes along with the "jeep thing" It's not that they're dissatisfied, I think it ends up being the WANT for more and not necessarily the need. Or they get more into wheeling than they thought they would and want a more capable rig hence more lift, bigger tires,upgraded parts, etc. I initially bought my jk for a family and minor off-roading, camping vehicle. I come from a CJ background and thought my hard wheelin days were over. Nada, it's slowly becoming more of a trail only rig and will eventually end up that way. We basically use my wife's L J ( long tj) for a family trip and runaround town vehicle now. Not sayin everyone does this, but it happened to me and I never really planned for it to be this way. In a couple years, I may get another 4dr and keep the mods on the low side.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah, okay. I see. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

A budget lift will give you a little more articulation. If you want to lift it AND save cash (this is nothing against TF, their lift is a better product review-wise) you could always buy the rough country suspension spacer kit. I've run mine for over a year now with no problems on 35's. And it's rock bottom inexpensive. It's even cheaper now than when I bought mine. And I only bought mine because I tore 3 of my stock tires and replaced them with 35's and was broke. Just a thought.

Out of your two suggestions, I guess it kind of depends on what you want in the end. If you're not ever going bigger than 33's put the budget lift on. It'll give you the clearance you need to flex, and let you use your stock drive-shafts. So a good long term solution. If you're planning on 37's-40's range eventually, then save some cash, throw a CHEAP lift, or that leveling kit (although having a rake makes the jeep drive better on the roads....) and then save up for a 3-6" lift depending on your flex vs height needs.

It just goes back to that "wanting more" comment above... I thought I'd be happy with 35's and some tow points at first.... Now I want 40's, more body armour, and a HEMI. Oh, and more lights. And Dana 60's with 5.38 gears and lockers. See where I'm going with this?
Old 09-23-2009, 03:19 AM
JK Super Freak

I am assuming "rake" means that the front sits lower on the front?

It is my daily driver and I spend all day on the road. I guess I should leave the rake then?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matador
....all the trails close to me will "pinstripe" my JK running through a forest! Dont like that idea......I wished I live in Arizona again!!!!
LOL... you lived in Arizona and didn't get any "desert pin striping"?? How did you manage that?? Just about any Jeep that goes off road down here has pinstripes....
Old 09-23-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats the difference between a "BB" and leveling kit. i though they were the same
Old 09-23-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

leveling kits are generally, 1 3/4" and 2", and only do 1" in the rear. ( example Teraflex 2" leveling kit 2" front, 1" rear//// I have this and only installed the front spacer)
Budget boosts are 2.5" and most to 2.5" front and rear, some 2" rear.

Quick Reply: Teraflex leveling kit or a Teraflex Budget Boost?