Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit

Old 11-04-2016, 09:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-297273782.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	660243

I will install the TeraFlex leveling kit, which includes a 2" front spring, and a 1" rear spring with longer front swaybar links, on my 2013 JKU Sport (auto trans).

Is it worth spending the money to upgrade my shocks now too? If I upgrade shocks, does that open the door for other necessary parts like shock relocation brackets?

This is my daily driver, I don't do a ton of off-roading mostly just light trails, and don't plan on going any higher or getting 35s, etc.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HMerkin
Attachment 660243

I will install the TeraFlex leveling kit, which includes a 2" front spring, and a 1" rear spring with longer front swaybar links, on my 2013 JKU Sport (auto trans).

Is it worth spending the money to upgrade my shocks now too? If I upgrade shocks, does that open the door for other necessary parts like shock relocation brackets?

This is my daily driver, I don't do a ton of off-roading mostly just light trails, and don't plan on going any higher or getting 35s, etc.
With light trails you will be fine with the.stock shocks.
I run the same kit with 35s and the cut/ flat fender mod .
I had to add 1 more.inch of.bumpstop to keep tires from rubbing.
If you do upgrade shocks later just get the 0-2 inch lift shocks and you shouldn't need any new brackets .
I do like the rear shock relocation brackets that raise them at the axle on the rear. Gets rid of the rock draggers stock mounts.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKphotoshoot
With light trails you will be fine with the.stock shocks. I run the same kit with 35s and the cut/ flat fender mod . I had to add 1 more.inch of.bumpstop to keep tires from rubbing. If you do upgrade shocks later just get the 0-2 inch lift shocks and you shouldn't need any new brackets . I do like the rear shock relocation brackets that raise them at the axle on the rear. Gets rid of the rock draggers stock mounts.
Thank you for the reply!
What else did you add, if anything, when you installed this kit? Do you like it, any regrets or thoughts on additional components with this kit?
Old 11-05-2016, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Thank you for the reply!
What else did you add, if anything, when you installed this kit? Do you like it, any regrets or thoughts on additional components with this kit?
All I added so far was one inch more bumpstop on the front.
I recently added Metalcloak lower front arms to correct my caster. Not really necessary but it helps keep things at factory specs. Plus I plan on getting a Metalcloak lift later.
I am going to run this for awhile till I save up for a 3.5 lift and 37s.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKphotoshoot
All I added so far was one inch more bumpstop on the front. I recently added Metalcloak lower front arms to correct my caster. Not really necessary but it helps keep things at factory specs. Plus I plan on getting a Metalcloak lift later. I am going to run this for awhile till I save up for a 3.5 lift and 37s.
Nice looking Jeep, and thanks again for the helpful info!
Old 11-06-2016, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Thank you for the reply!
When I put mine on ('09 JKU X) I upgraded to Rubicon Shocks and added the tereflex greasable Quick Disconnect sway bar links. At full flex my 33s rub the front fenders. Flat fender flares should resolve the issue.
The TF Products have been of high quality. The Quick disconnects are not the easiest to get on and off, but do the job. I like that they have upper mounts to hold the sway bar out of the way when disconnected. They are well thought out in that regard.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Phantasm
When I put mine on ('09 JKU X) I upgraded to Rubicon Shocks and added the tereflex greasable Quick Disconnect sway bar links. At full flex my 33s rub the front fenders. Flat fender flares should resolve the issue. The TF Products have been of high quality. The Quick disconnects are not the easiest to get on and off, but do the job. I like that they have upper mounts to hold the sway bar out of the way when disconnected. They are well thought out in that regard.
Thank you for weighing-in. How much difference in ride did you notice, if any at all? Would you do anything differently given another chance? I'm planning to go with flat fenders at some point, plus new wheels/tires.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Thank you for weighing-in. How much difference in ride did you notice, if any at all? Would you do anything differently given another chance? I'm planning to go with flat fenders at some point, plus new wheels/tires.
Ride quality remained unchanged for the most part, The Rubi shocks took a second to get used to as they were stiffer at first, but it rides very nicely now that they are broken in (they were new/takeoffs with 5 miles when I put them on) and didn't change them out at the same time as the springs but within a couple of weeks.
I'm really happy with my choice, it's a subtle lift but noticeable and removes the rake giving the jeep a more solid stance. I don't wheel hard and don't like to modify things to the point where I need to chase fixing/replacing lots of other parts and this fits the bill. I also didn't want to just do pucks to get lift. So I'm very happy with my choice. Gas mileage did go down a bit.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Phantasm
Ride quality remained unchanged for the most part, The Rubi shocks took a second to get used to as they were stiffer at first, but it rides very nicely now that they are broken in (they were new/takeoffs with 5 miles when I put them on) and didn't change them out at the same time as the springs but within a couple of weeks. I'm really happy with my choice, it's a subtle lift but noticeable and removes the rake giving the jeep a more solid stance. I don't wheel hard and don't like to modify things to the point where I need to chase fixing/replacing lots of other parts and this fits the bill. I also didn't want to just do pucks to get lift. So I'm very happy with my choice. Gas mileage did go down a bit.
Thanks again for all the helpful info! I went with this kit for many of the same reasons, and can't wait to get everything installed. It's hard to be patient with Jeep upgrades...
Old 11-08-2016, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Like others had said, you may want to get longer LCAs eventually. Won't be terrible but I did notice some flightless at highway speeds with stocks arms. The teraflex disconnects will be a great addition for off-road capability. You don't need to buy the whole kit which is $125 because the links that come with your kit are the same. Just buy the the pins and upper mounts on teraflex site for about $35. I did wheel spacers as well I noticed some additional body role after the install. Not much but the wider stance felt better and if you go with larger tires you will need to. Somebody else mentioned bump stops. I used a hockey puck(s) and a lot of people do. If you do decide on discos, you may want to consider longer shocks and limit straps. I think I also feed up the brake lines in the front and zipped them to the shock when I did this. If I remember correctly the brake lines became a limiting factor with the discos and that is bad. Measure everything well before you go for it. Extend and compress everything and see what hangs you up. Look up shock travel specs and write your heights and such down... You'll want all that stuff for reference after the fact. Have fun.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit