Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit

Old 11-14-2016, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by casamtb
Like others had said, you may want to get longer LCAs eventually. Won't be terrible but I did notice some flightless at highway speeds with stocks arms. The teraflex disconnects will be a great addition for off-road capability. You don't need to buy the whole kit which is $125 because the links that come with your kit are the same. Just buy the the pins and upper mounts on teraflex site for about $35. I did wheel spacers as well I noticed some additional body role after the install. Not much but the wider stance felt better and if you go with larger tires you will need to. Somebody else mentioned bump stops. I used a hockey puck(s) and a lot of people do. If you do decide on discos, you may want to consider longer shocks and limit straps. I think I also feed up the brake lines in the front and zipped them to the shock when I did this. If I remember correctly the brake lines became a limiting factor with the discos and that is bad. Measure everything well before you go for it. Extend and compress everything and see what hangs you up. Look up shock travel specs and write your heights and such down... You'll want all that stuff for reference after the fact. Have fun.
Thank you for the reply and loads of advice! I wasn't planning on the quick disconnect setup but have lately started to evaluate it. Just to clarify, wheel spacers helped reduce/eliminate body roll, is that correct? Ideally, I will just wait until I also have smaller backspace wheels and wider tires. But, at ~$200 new, spacers might be an interim option. The one knock I've read so far is that you need to check torque often. Is that true in your experience? Looks like I'll add control arms to the list as well... 😬

Quick Reply: Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit