Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex Prerunner - opinions

Old 11-23-2011, 01:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Prerunner - opinions

Anyone has Teraflex Prerunner kit with fox shocks on?

I'm considering this kit but I need opinions becasue it's quite expensive thing and I'd like to hear from others how it works.

I need it for daily driving on bad roads and sometins more serious offroading.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Noone has that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Jedi

Its a new lift. I have the old long arm good stuff
Old 11-23-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

I saw the video on the kit you mentioned and it is very impressive, if and when i decide to change my lift the Prerunner kit would be my choice.
Get it and let us know how good it is.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check my build out, I'm doing a 4" PreRunner with ELKA's and 37's. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...nlimited-Build
Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Check my build out, I'm doing a 4" PreRunner with ELKA's and 37's. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...nlimited-Build
The kit on the Teraflex website doesn't say if it is a 3 or 4" but is says that it is for 35s. Is the kit for 37s coming?
Old 01-14-2012, 01:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I asked for not very high one so I got 2.5" so it seems they can configure that as you need

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2012, 01:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The prerunner is definitely something I'm impressed by (from just watching the videos), I am mostly out in the dunes which require high speeds, and I was kind of wondering how the dozer one posted above worked as well. On the site it says a 3" but the sponsor is saying 4" so I'm wondering if this is a different kit. Also, on the site it lists about 4k pounds for best results, but the 4 doors are a bit above that (4500 with all my stuff and me in it), so is there an unlimited version coming soon with a higher lift (by 1" or so that retains the scale of the 2dr with 3"), and higher weight rating?

Sorry to hijack this thread, just wondering.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default old thread, but I have had this kit on for 6 months now.

Street, way, way better than stock. Better than the RK arms and 2.5 inch lift I had with Bilstien remote reservoirs.

Fast on forest roads, wash board, rally style driving. Holy crap this rocks!

Fast as the 3.8 can push me over whoops, soft silt, rutted, trails in the desert with big rises and drops. Awesome! I can haul ass and the only problem now is I don't have the power to use the suspension to it's limit.

Rocks, logs, and slow technical stuff. No difference from my old set up except it seem to articulate more smoothly and does not bottom due to the speed bumps.

It wasn't cheap, and I put about 25 to 30 hours into installing it (also took care of some other issues). But it was worth it.
I only had to call Teraflex once, and it only because I couldn't find a video I needed for the install. Great instructions, but make sure you watch them all, and look closely at their site because they have some newer versions out.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:31 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You can do much better then that kit for that money. It has poor rear geometry with the short upper arms (cycle the suspension and watch the pinion angle change) The teraflex speed bumps are a joke. Its a piece of foam in a shinny can but they use some fancy words to describe it. For what you are going to spend on that you could go with a full king coil over set up with real hydraulic /air bumps. At least you would have a system you can actually tune and adjust.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Prerunner - opinions