Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex question

Old 02-24-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex question

I have a teraflex levelling kit it came with front and rear spacers and extended swaybar links. I was wondering if i should be looking into slightly longer shocks or anything like that. I have been experiencing kind of a loose feeling in front end while going slow or even at normal town speeds over bumps. Sort of feels like maybe my shocks are maxing out. It is constant on an iced up gravel road as well. Anyone have any thoughts, teraflex rep perhaps?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Green-man
I have a teraflex levelling kit it came with front and rear spacers and extended swaybar links. I was wondering if i should be looking into slightly longer shocks or anything like that. I have been experiencing kind of a loose feeling in front end while going slow or even at normal town speeds over bumps. Sort of feels like maybe my shocks are maxing out. It is constant on an iced up gravel road as well. Anyone have any thoughts, teraflex rep perhaps?
No need for longer shocks. I have the tf leveling kit with springs. I changed mine out to stock length bilsteins .
Old 02-24-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Make sure your trackbar (and everything else) is torqued properly and that the springs were seated correctly. The ride should feel the same, just taller. Your axels will be slightly out of line from the lift but that shouldn't be causing this. Did you recenter your steering wheel?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

I installed this kit and my steering wheel did not change a hair...ride feels the same...check that the springs are in the notches and seated properly
Old 02-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you add longer shocks to it, then your going to start needing more of the parts that you see in the 2.5" kits. Now if you get a 0-2" shock, you should be fine, go longer and you can have issues.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. I have had my steering wheel centered and torqued everything twice, once after 100 km. I was thinking about the 0-2 inch shocks but i will double check the springs are seated properly. I noticed some loose feelings before the lift but seems like its worse now? Could it be just over-anylizing the rough ride of a stock 2dr sport? Im sure it was better a few months ago but i will be test driving one off the lot this weekend to compare as well.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also i have an e rated set of 265/75/16 all terrains on a set of rims with i think 4 inch backspacing dont know if this could be part of my issue. I have been running pressure at 33 psi and not much change from 35 i was running except tpms light is always on.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also i have an e rated set of 265/75/16 all terrains on a set of rims with i think 4 inch backspacing dont know if this could be part of my issue. I have been running pressure at 33 psi and not much change from 35 i was running except tpms light is always on.
That strong of a tire should give a firmer ride over stock even with the slight drop in psi. Especially with the backspacing. How old is your rig? You might want to get the ball joints, etc checked out. You might have something failing. Maybe even your control arm bushings. I'd give everything a good visual check, even try having someone bounce on the bumper to make sure nothing is obviously moving wrong.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

My jeep is a 2011 with 17,000 km on it so i wouldnt think anything should be worn out yet but stranger things have happened.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get this figured out? Seems very strange to me. How does it ride at highway speeds? My only remaining thought is to try increasing your psi a little and see if that helps. Have you tried the chalk test to see if they are at a good wear pressure? Might be too low and so you are feeling the tires flex. But 33 should be perfectly fine. Like I said, its my last thought.

Quick Reply: teraflex question