Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex track bar woes

Old 12-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
That does it...I'm moving to Iowa. Where exactly IS Iowa? All I accomplished today was getting rejected at all the local tire shops. Nobody even acknowledged that a 37" tire would fit on their machine. I know that they actually WILL, but figured that if they didn't want to work on my Jeep, that I actually didn't want them messing with it anyway. I guess I will be driving 30 miles to my buddy's shop and buying a box of weights.
pssst ..... move to Utah. MOAB. enough said.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, found a shop to do the road-force balancing on the 37's. It is much smoother and about 99% of the problem is gone. I still get a wobble when I hit a sharp bump at slow cruising speed, but no more wobble at the constant speed. At least it is driveable, and the parts arrived today for the 2nd phase of what will hopefully fix the problem permenantly. I will post how that (front track bar mount modification and high-steer drag link) goes after it is done.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was picking my Jeep up that day after having some more stuff done to it. they are truly golden when it comes to customer service. Todd is simply outstanding to deal with. I'm extremely happy with Stew's. I put anothe JK's MSRP in mods into mine and they stand behind the work they've done. I should have waited to see your Jeep man, I'm only home on leave for another 10 days but would love to participate in any Jeep events you might have over the holidays.

If you want a superlift stabilizer, you can have mine-its in a box and was never installed. I also have a skyjacker that only has about 4k miles on it. I went with an alternate solution.

Last edited by Ryanm; 12-20-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryanm
I was picking my Jeep up that day after having some more stuff done to it. they are truly golden when it comes to customer service. Todd is simply outstanding to deal with. I'm extremely happy with Stew's. I put anothe JK's MSRP in mods into mine and they stand behind the work they've done. I should have waited to see your Jeep man, I'm only home on leave for another 10 days but would love to participate in any Jeep events you might have over the holidays.

If you want a superlift stabilizer, you can have mine-its in a box and was never installed. I also have a skyjacker that only has about 4k miles on it. I went with an alternate solution.
Yeah, Todd has been great through the whole thing. He was telling me about the shocks you got, how are you liking them? As far as I know he's got the stabilizer on order right now but if it changes I'll let you know. He ended up not having to do anything with the track bar, Teraflex has stepped in and completely gone above and beyond anything I would've expected. Cant release details just yet about what they did but its good......really good. How long you in town for? Dont have any events going on but I've always got my parents place to go play around at.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I fly back to Kuwait Jan1st, will be back in Baghdad by Jan 4. I'm actually looking forward to going back to finish my second year. I have a lot of work waiting for me and I want to make progress on what I started in 07.

I'd take ya up on any wheel'n action you might have planned. I don't like to wheel alone, even with a winch. I learned a hard never snowmobile alone lesson in Utah a few years ago and it stuck with me for pretty much everything I do with regards to enjoying the outdoors. (Kill switch broke off in down position while I was exploring Wasatch National Forest.) I bypassed it and got back OK, had I not known how to bypass it, I would have been mountain lion food that night. I'm glad they didn't have to send a search and rescue team to look for me. That would have been embarassing!

Quick Reply: Teraflex track bar woes