Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 4" Long Arm and Steering

Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 4" Long Arm and Steering

Anyone have issues with steering/bump steer with this kit? TF sells a high steer/flip kit thats just shy of 400 bucks. Can I just by a drop pitman and track bar drop bracket? If so, who sells a good one. Would prefer bolt on as I'll likely go with a high steer/flip in the future. Or, can I just say F it and drive it w/o for a while.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i know that toad is running the TF track bar drop bracket w/brace and a dropped pitman arm. this is a good setup and does not require reaming out the steering knuckle. also, it will retain the factory geometry the best.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i know that toad is running the TF track bar drop bracket w/brace and a dropped pitman arm. this is a good setup and does not require reaming out the steering knuckle. also, it will retain the factory geometry the best.
So the bracket that comes with the TF kit does, in fact, drop the track bar. All I need to do is buy a 100 buck drop pitman...done
Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by skeptic
So the bracket that comes with the TF kit does, in fact, drop the track bar. All I need to do is buy a 100 buck drop pitman...done
yes. it drops the track bar from the frame and it has a brace that gets welded to the opposite side. a great design and very beefy - you won't be seeing any flexing or breaking of the factory mount with this. as for the dropped pitman arm, yup, that's all you need and you're done. i run a similar setup and i'm very happy with how my jeep handles.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
yes. it drops the track bar from the frame and it has a brace that gets welded to the opposite side. a great design and very beefy - you won't be seeing any flexing or breaking of the factory mount with this. as for the dropped pitman arm, yup, that's all you need and you're done. i run a similar setup and i'm very happy with how my jeep handles.
nice. Thank you.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the drag link flip and trackbar drop bracket with frame brace. It is real nice, but more expensive than the drop pitman arm and regular drop bracket.

You'll need one of them though, no doubt - you'll get bumpsteer with the 4" lift. I had it pretty bad on my 2dr. The drag link flip/trackbar lowering totally fixed it though - and is real solid.

Quick Reply: TF 4" Long Arm and Steering