Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is their any hope for my 3.8? Need more POWER

Old 06-12-2016, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Sprintex supercharger and love it.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:00 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by jsnyda
A little more info: I'm currently running 5:13
That needs to be in your profile and signature, along with any other important mods you have made.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a similar setup, 4.88's with 35's on a 6sp. Also have the rugged ridge snorkel as well. I don't find myself lacking for power in anything but 6th gear, and that's only on steep grades. Even driving cross country through the mountains of CO at 14kft I didn't find myself in need of power that often.

I would suggest what everyone else has and get a tuner. If you don't have one you're engine will behave much differently because you haven't changed how it's reading the gearing and applying that. Everything is controlled through the computer, so therefor, if you change something mechanical on these newer vehicles, it has to also subsequently be changed electronically. So start there.

A CAI isn't going to do much more for you than the snorkel with the ram air intake. The CAI is pulling from within the engine compartment, so hot air. The snorkel us pulling from above the vehicle, so depending on outside temp, will determine your intake air temperature, which is still always going to be colder than the engine bay. Unless your driving in a pit of lava, then y'know, good luck with that. Maybe just try a high flow air filter, as that's basically the same thing as a CAI. Plus, this is also controlled and adapted by, you guessed it, the computer.

You may be looking at a decent amount of money if you're looking to get a large power boost.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
That needs to be in your profile and signature, along with any other important mods you have made.
good point, i updated my sig

Quick Reply: Is their any hope for my 3.8? Need more POWER