Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with interior Line-x, what did it cost?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those with interior Line-x, what did it cost?

Last week I stopped by a local Line-X shop for a quote to do the inside of my Jeep. I told the owner that I'll take care of gutting the Jeep and drop it off without the doors and topless. He quoted me anywhere from $1200-$1500 and told me he needs the Jeep for 3 days. Here's what the cost breakdown;

- He will prep all surfaces (he says no guarantee otherwise)
- Line-X with UV protection applied to entire inner tub and the inside of the gate
- sandblast and line-x my LoD sliders
- Outline my current Bushwacker plastic rocker covers and spray the pattern with Line-X
- Line-X my fuel door

Is this a reasonable price?
There's another Line-X shop not too far which I plan to stop and get a quote from
Old 06-04-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not that i've had much experience at all with this, but for the amount off things and the surface area that you're having done, 1500 doesn't seem too bad.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds good to me I have heard it cost about $900 just for the tub. Post pics when its finished!!!! Also 3 days is about right you need to let the line-x cure before you can use it.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

if you do ALL the prep work I've heard anywhere from 600-800.... if they do all the prep its going to be 1200-1500
Old 06-04-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

On my prior Jeep I spent $770.00. I did all the prep work, Seats removed, Hard Top taken off, all the Flooring & Seat Belts removed. Then all the sanding (removing the gloss). They did the masking & the spray, Rhino Lining. I wanted the softer surface. They also were able to Color match the Dk Grey Interior. Very satisfied.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

I served with an old Army buddy in the Fort Bragg, NC area that owns his own shop now and does these all day long for $1000 AND he guts the interior. I've helped him out with several myself. They use a product called Speedliner and you have the option to have Kevlar fiber mixed in to add strength to the lining material. The name of the shop is Hyhazard Performance Off Road. Just do a google search and go to their website to check out their project gallery. They have an entire section dedicated to Jeeps. The owner's name is Chad Haver.

If your in that area..give him a shout!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No way!!! If your doing all the prep minus tape off. Then just raptor line it yourself!! You'd save a LOT of money. There's a great write up in here on it, I've done 4 JKUs so far. Time consuming but a lot cheaper and easier. Save that money for other mods. Pm me if you have questions
The following users liked this post:
Zander (03-10-2019)
Old 06-04-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YETI-09
No way!!! If your doing all the prep minus tape off. Then just raptor line it yourself!! You'd save a LOT of money. There's a great write up in here on it, I've done 4 JKUs so far. Time consuming but a lot cheaper and easier. Save that money for other mods. Pm me if you have questions
Yeti, i'm in Ewa Beach also, ripped out the carpet and wanting to line it. Would like to see what it looks like. PM me if you can show me in person and I can meet you somewhere. Thanks

edit: was looking at your album, is this Christian?

Last edited by DA RUNT; 06-04-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

I had my 2011 JKU done with LINEX back in December. I did all the removing of my interior and sound deadening myself. They charged $700 with the LINEX Xtra which is uv protection. I am extremely pleased with the end result. That being said if they asked for $1500 I would have tried one of the DIY kits. I wonder why they are charging more than double in your area and maybe you should ask. As far as letting it cure before putting it back together. It cures in about 7 seconds. That's the whole benefit to using it versus a DIY kit. The place I used was in Bradenton Florida.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i paid around 1500 for my color matching sahara tan linex. but i gutted it and removed the sound dampener goo. in my opinion it was worth every penny, turned out great
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep%20line-x.jpg
Views:	4853
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	328203   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep.jpg
Views:	6870
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	328204  

Last edited by oletennessean; 06-11-2012 at 05:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Thee_Vance (07-30-2020)

Quick Reply: Those with interior Line-x, what did it cost?