Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

For those with rotated sway bars

Old 07-31-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For those with rotated sway bars

My dash light started flashing and everything was beeping and freaking out so I took it two the dealer. I heard back from the dealership a couple of days ago. They said the main computer was gone and ordered me a new one. The more they worked on it trying to figure out why the main computer died they kept getting led to the sway bar. The called back today and said that the main computer went out because of a short from the wiring harness to the sway bar disconnect. They said water had pooled in the plug and corroded it till it finally shorted. They said the reason was because someone had rotated the sway bar 180 degrees (I won't say who it was ) so the plug was on top not allowing it to drain water. They are really cool and going to replace everything under warranty but those people that have rotated their sway bar I would definitely either rotate them back or use a ton of dieletric grease to try and stop the problem. Mine may have been worse case scenario or it could have been aggravated by me running without a front bumper for a while but my guess it it is a flaw with Jeep and will eventually happen to all the rotated ones. My dealer figures they will still warranty it because they are cool, it is a stupid design and one short shouldn't blow out the main computer but I'm guessing most won't.

Quick Reply: For those with rotated sway bars