Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thoughts on Rough Country lifts.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coby Dick
Anyone know if you can run stock wheels (17") and tires with the 3.25 lift without rub?
I'm not sure, but I know that the rear sway bar links would be the thing to worry about....mine are mounted on the outside of the sway bar and they're a little thicker than the factory links so you might wanna just go see how much clearance you have now before you remove anything....if there's an inch or two to spare between the tire and the rear sway bar then it'll probably be ok.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
I'm not sure, but I know that the rear sway bar links would be the thing to worry about....mine are mounted on the outside of the sway bar and they're a little thicker than the factory links so you might wanna just go see how much clearance you have now before you remove anything....if there's an inch or two to spare between the tire and the rear sway bar then it'll probably be ok.
I'll just wait till my wheels get in until i install....... with the rough country 3.25" lift, is there anything else suggested to pick up to go with it, ie, adjustable front track bar, etc?

Last edited by Coby Dick; 11-01-2009 at 05:29 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll just wait till my wheels get in until i install....... with the rough country 3.25" lift, is there anything else suggested to pick up to go with it, ie, adjustable front track bar, etc?
adj. front trackbar wouldn't be a bad idea...if I remember right, my front was off center by about 3/4". Not too bad, but enough to notice by just looking.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know if you can run stock wheels (17") and tires with the 3.25 lift without rub?
What size tires? If they are wide you will need spacers with the stock wheels.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spinlock
What size tires? If they are wide you will need spacers with the stock wheels.
I think he meant stock wheels AND tires.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

has anyone put the adj front track bar on with RC lift.. mine is off lless than an inch.. but it drives me crazy.. any specific track bars in mind?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Rough Country lifts.